Duck hunting season

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Shore back on the Powerplay instead of Ritchie who basically does nothing and they score again. I will never understand why coaches seem to love Ritchie .

Yeah me too. Also, the sooner we got rid of Spezza the better. He doesn't want to move his feet anymore. Once he gets the puck, he stops moving and just flings it to an area. You may as well just put it on net if you're going to give it away.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
We kind of have to ride Spezzas contract out. Not a fan of buying this contract out and trading him with his NMC is basically impossible.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
We kind of have to ride Spezzas contract out. Not a fan of buying this contract out and trading him with his NMC is basically impossible.

Yeah true. He should be scratched again, he isn't contributing anything anymore.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah me too. Also, the sooner we got rid of Spezza the better. He doesn't want to move his feet anymore. Once he gets the puck, he stops moving and just flings it to an area. You may as well just put it on net if you're going to give it away.

This exactly. His vision and passing is just not there anymore and even if he does make a decent pass he isn't playing with anyone who could finish it off. Seems like he's just not on the same page as anyone else half the time. He needs to just start firing pucks on net, generating rebounds, and maybe one will even go in or off of someone and in. The players he plays with are not people who are gonna be sniping one home anytime soon. His biggest asset is his shot right now, and that's about it. We rarely even see it used. He needs to be the shooter on his line, he isn't the setup guy anymore that he once was

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
This exactly. His vision and passing is just not there anymore and even if he does make a decent pass he isn't playing with anyone who could finish it off. Seems like he's just not on the same page as anyone else half the time. He needs to just start firing pucks on net, generating rebounds, and maybe one will even go in or off of someone and in. The players he plays with are not people who are gonna be sniping one home anytime soon. His biggest asset is his shot right now, and that's about it. We rarely even see it used. He needs to be the shooter on his line, he isn't the setup guy anymore that he once was

Yeah that signature clapper top shelf or the fake shot and high short side wrister are a thing of the past. We haven't seen either in years now...

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah that signature clapper top shelf or the fake shot and high short side wrister are a thing of the past. We haven't seen either in years now...

By biggest asset I mean his shot is just hard. Not accurate but it's hard, maybe one will go in every once in a while, but he just tries to do way too much with the puck now I feel so bad for him while watching. He just needs to hit the net. The saddest part is he is still better than Ritchie offensively. I wouldn't mind seeing Spezza in front of the net on the PP though. No passing, no shooting. Just stand there and try and tip it home like he did in Detroit. For now Shore is fine there though

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Shore back on the Powerplay instead of Ritchie who basically does nothing and they score again. I will never understand why coaches seem to love Ritchie .

IKR. Shore has been far and away more effective on our powerplay this year in the slot than anyone else, especially Ritchie.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
I guess coaches are in that Dinosaur mindset and love Ritchie for his "big body" presence. Too bad he skates like Milan Lucic of today.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
IKR. Shore has been far and away more effective on our powerplay this year in the slot than anyone else, especially Ritchie.

Just looking at the PPP totals alone should tell the story . Despite beeing gifted massive time on the first Unit Ritchie only managed 2 Powerplay Points total ( 1 goal ). At times it felt like Ritchie was part of the other teams PK unit with how many of his own teams shots he blocked.

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
I expect to see McKenna in net against Pittsburgh. Hitch loves scratching guys after they have good games. Kari's played himself to the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad