Speculation: Duchene trade looking back

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Duchene is a first line center. Not top 10 or even top 15, but still a first line center.

No, he isn't.....he isn't ANY kind of center HE CAN'T PLAY CENTER!

Duchene is a winger who starts in the middle, he either doesn't know or doesn't care about the nuances of playing in the most important position in hockey, THAT'S why the Avs sucked while he was there, your #1 center does more to influence your team's fortunes than any other player.

THAT is why Ottawa fell apart the second they moved Turris out and Duchene in, TURRIS is a REAL center, Duchene is not.

It isn't a coincidence that Ottawa was a good team until they added him and that the Avs were terrible until they got rid of him.

He's the guy J.S Giguere flipped out on a few years back for planning his Vegas vacation when the team had yet to be eliminated from the playoffs,

Matt Duchene has good offensive skills, but he's a terrible hockey player and even worse center.......don't think so? I'll let the record speak for it's self

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018

Duchene is a winger who starts in the middle, he either doesn't know or doesn't care about the nuances of playing in the most important position in hockey, THAT'S why the Avs sucked while he was there, your #1 center does more to influence your team's fortunes than any other player.

THAT is why Ottawa fell apart the second they moved Turris out and Duchene in, TURRIS is a REAL center, Duchene is not.

It isn't a coincidence that Ottawa was a good team until they added him and that the Avs were terrible until they got rid of him.

He's the guy J.S Giguere flipped out on a few years back for planning his Vegas vacation when the team had yet to be eliminated from the playoffs,

Matt Duchene has good offensive skills, but he's a terrible hockey player and even worse center.......don't think so? I'll let the record speak for it's self

The trade was an overpayment no doubt (I was pissed when I heard we gave up the 1st) Turris and Bowers should have been enough.

But for you to call Duchene a terrible hockey player is laughable. I'm not sure if you're trolling, but come on. You're right, he was not very good in his first 20 games in Ottawa, but that was only one of the many, many reasons why we fell apart. We still would have missed the playoffs with Turris, a top 5 pick is an added bonus I guess (depending on the pick next year that we have to give up).

I was expecting just offence from Duchene, but was surprised to see he's got much more to his game. I wouldn't quite play him on the PK, but he's not bad defensively at all. He's one of the best players I've ever seen on the boards and wins a ton of 1 on 1 battles. Limits his turnovers.

He's not a top 15C in the league, but he's without a doubt a 1C and a big improvement on Turris as much as I loved that guy.

Dorion overpaid for a 1C that we haven't had since Spezza's prime years, and that might suck but obviously I'm going to defend Duchene when it comes to a trash post like to yours.

Happy for Hammond though!

Reactions: Bean Drown and cgf

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland

Would you imagine someone had already noticed how bad he's at center position if all you say is true? :D Bullshitters like you have something against Duchene and whether this is therapy for the trauma you have for him or not, Duchene is probably the most underrated faceoff man in the game, he put up elite numbers on the Avs at least on some season/seasons.

Reactions: Arnusson

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Gotta think Turris was injured. He had a good regular season, but was a ghost when they actually needed him. Still a ways to go on this one for the Preds.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Half a year later and I still can't believe this trade actually happened.

2017-2018 season:
PlayerGPGoalsAssistsTtl PtsPIM
Brady Tkachuk408233161
Shane Bowers4017153214
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I know Matt is saying all the right things when it comes to staying in Ottawa, but I wouldn't take it at face value. He has said time and time again that his main focus is to play for a contender, he didn't want out of Colorado because hated it there as a place to live, or because he disliked the people in the org, he wanted out because he was sick of rebuilding. Having that in mind I see little hope for Sens re-signing him unless:

1. He did a 180° on his views
2. They offer him an insane amount of money that will possibly change his mind

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Half a year later and I still can't believe this trade actually happened.

2017-2018 season:
PlayerGPGoalsAssistsTtl PtsPIM
Brady Tkachuk408233161
Shane Bowers4017153214
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
No one and I mean no one thinks Shane Bowers will as good as Brady.

No one. Period. Nice #s though.

Reactions: NyQuil

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I know Matt is saying all the right things when it comes to staying in Ottawa, but I wouldn't take it at face value. He has said time and time again that his main focus is to play for a contender, he didn't want out of Colorado because hated it there as a place to live, or because he disliked the people in the org, he wanted out because he was sick of rebuilding. Having that in mind I see little hope for Sens re-signing him unless:

1. He did a 180° on his views
2. They offer him an insane amount of money that will possibly change his mind
He's home now. He's a good old Ontario boy and he'll sign here.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
No one and I mean no one thinks Shane Bowers will as good as Brady.

No one. Period. Nice #s though.

I don't believe anyone is trying to tout Bowers as being better than Brady. For me, it's more of realizing there's not a huge speration between these two players at the moment and Bowers is, at most, the third most valueable piece to this trade for the Avs.

One was a 'throw in' to a trade, the other is about to go ~ 4th OA

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I don't believe anyone is trying to tout Bowers as being better than Brady. For me, it's more of realizing there's not a huge speration between these two players at the moment and Bowers is, at most, the third most valueable piece to this trade for the Avs.
I really think everyone won that trade, with Avs being the clear top winner. I'm very happy with Duchene in OTT but don't get me wrong, Avs are in a GREAT position now going forward.

Turris had a meh year but Nashville gave up very little for him. They are well set going forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad