Confirmed with Link: Duchene to OTT in three-team trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Good chemistry with Ryan. Duchene has been better than his stats and I still believe he has it in him to score at a 60 point clip if not this season then next. Fun player to watch

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He has been looking better almost every game for a while now.

I expect him to start breaking out fairly soon.

A great example of how you don't have to be big or strong to get to the net effectively. It is a skill and not one everyone has but I'd really like it if we had another net-driver like him in our top 6.

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
honest question here. I'm not tapped into the ottawa hockey scene. its just confusing that Ottawa would trade for Duchene just to go into sell mode a month later.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
honest question here. I'm not tapped into the ottawa hockey scene. its just confusing that Ottawa would trade for Duchene just to go into sell mode a month later.

they have not gone to sell mode. they have not sold anyone, people are simply speculating because we are bottom of the standings due to out horrible play since the trade

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

There's nothing indicating Ottawa is in sell mode. The only things that have come out is that Dorion would like to make a trade to shake things up before the roster freeze and that teams are interested in Hoffman, Pageau, Smith and Ceci. Oh and that Ottawa isn't trading Karlsson, thats been reported too but gets completely ignored.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Stop following the Toronto fake news media. We're not in sell mode.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I love when he skates up and drives the net hard with the puck. I feel like its been a long time since we had players who do that. He is also strong along the boards and our team has been cycling more recently cause of it

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I love when he skates up and drives the net hard with the puck. I feel like its been a long time since we had players who do that. He is also strong along the boards and our team has been cycling more recently cause of it

I love that he drives hard to the net with the puck, but it would be nice to see some goals come from it. He's probably done it 40+ times without a result.

Reactions: DrEasy

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I love that he drives hard to the net with the puck, but it would be nice to see some goals come from it. He's probably done it 40+ times without a result.

Agreed.

But it is hard for me to be very critical of him when he's mostly doing everything we brought him to do.

The trade has not worked out but I can't say I am disappointed in Duchene.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
5 points in 18 games...Since he's been with Ottawa he's been on pace to be a 22 point per season guy. I don't understand why this is happening, he's clearly a highly skilled player, is he getting enough ice time? he SHOULD* be our #1 center over Brassard.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
5 points in 18 games...Since he's been with Ottawa he's been on pace to be a 22 point per season guy. I don't understand why this is happening, he's clearly a highly skilled player, is he getting enough ice time? he SHOULD* be our #1 center over Brassard.
He is the #1 centre & plays with Stone & Ryan most of the time. Why do you think he's not?

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
He is the #1 centre & plays with Stone & Ryan most of the time. Why do you think he's not?
Its been interchanging basically 50/50 for icetime with Brassard since he's been with Ottawa...although lately he has been getting more ice time than Brassard the past few games. I get that he needs to "learn the system" But he came in flying and Boucher seemed hesitant to use him. Stone with Duchene and whoever should solidify what a first line in, but our first two lines seem to be producing about the same (Although, I haven't looked at the numbers to confirm this..lol)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Agreed.

But it is hard for me to be very critical of him when he's mostly doing everything we brought him to do.

The trade has not worked out but I can't say I am disappointed in Duchene.

He has 5P in 18GP. He was brought in to produce, not look good while not producing.

Disappointing would be an understatement. Looks like we got duped into thinking he was a far better player than he is.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He has 5P in 18GP. He was brought in to produce, not look good while not producing.

Disappointing would be an understatement. Looks like we got duped into thinking he was a far better player than he is.

Avalanche fans warned us that Duchene was one of the most inconsistent producers they've seen.

He'll probably go on a run where he puts up 20 points in 15 games.

Unfortunately you need consistency in a number one c. Turris for all his flaws was a remarkably steady producer.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Avalanche fans warned us that Duchene was one of the most inconsistent producers they've seen.

Unfortunately you need consistency in a number one c. Turris for all his flaws was a remarkably steady producer.

He's actually been pretty consistent for awhile now - consistently terrible.

I don't know what happened, but around the trade deadline last year he completely forgot how to play hockey, and he hasn't really turned it around since.

In his last 57GP he has 8G and 12A for 20P. Forget about 1st line numbers, those aren't even 2nd line numbers.

Now I don't think Duchene is a 30P player for us going forward, but we dealt two 1sts on top of a 50-60P center to get him. At the very least we should have gotten an additional 10-20P in production, but Duchene is on pace for around 40P this year, just like last year.

Trading is looking like an absolute disaster right now. Looks almost like another Ryan trade.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

He should ask for some better linemates for Christmas.

OccasionalPoster

Nov 18, 2017

I keep hearing people say he'll go on a tear. Originally it was after 5-10 games, then 15 games, and now it's 20?

I feel it just won't happen. For all the excuses people make about him getting in his own head and overthinking, I think he just needs to take his career a little more seriously and understand that his style of play is not productive.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He's playing well. Better than most of our players. And doing things turris couldn't do.
Just has to keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad