Confirmed with Link: Duchene to OTT in three-team trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Personally I don't think he's been streaky at all. He's played the same way the whole time, and the team as a whole has finally turned around. It took some time to get comfortable and develop chemistry, but since he did the points haven't stopped.

Watching him play I don't expect his production to be stop and go, or be streaky, though if for some reason we trade all of our good players away his production will slip. I also expect him to be around a 70pt guy for us, maybe more depending on our roster next season, but one thing to note is that by the start of next season this guy will be the number one forward threat that teams will try and neutralize.

Man, if Brown can solidify the second line with Stone and Ryan, we'll score some goals.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Certainly seems that Boucher has let up on his meticulous attention to detail. They have been playing more relaxed and with more flow to the game

Bodes well for the young D next year. A bit less for the forwards like White and Chlapik but hopefully they get their chance too.

Speaking of, Chlapik deserves a few games before the end of the season. Hopefully he gets them.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
he's been incredibly consistent for us this season and probably one of the most underrated players since the start of the new calendar year. hopefully we don't trade people away to rebuild and choose to surrond him with even more talent. hoffman duchene dzingel is actually a terrorizing first line. probably the fastest line in the league collectively.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
If it wasn't for that really cold start, Duchene's numbers would look really really really good. I don't think he's doing much differently than he did in November/December, he's just more comfortable and has found a linemate he really clicks with. Having Karl playing better has certainly helped too.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I was 100% wrong that Duchene was incremental improvement totally not worth what we gave Colorado.
He is easily a tier above Turris whom I loved.
Duchene does things that even other great players can’t do, what a player.
Yep,Iam in the same boat...Knew he was a decent player....But this good,never saw it

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
He's without a doubt the best center we've had since a prime Spezza.

And truth be told, Ottawa fans are a bit fickle, but luckily for us Duchene plays a style of game that our fans can really appreciate.

Not that they play identical styles, but he's almost like an Alfie kind of player, but at center ice and with a little more burst in his game.

Reactions: MarkStone

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
I love how he hustles and makes plays EVERY shift. I don't think I've every seen him coast on shift before. Turris on the other hand had frustratingly long stretches where he would be doing very little. Loving Duchene so far!

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I was 100% wrong that Duchene was incremental improvement totally not worth what we gave Colorado.
He is easily a tier above Turris whom I loved.
Duchene does things that even other great players can’t do, what a player.

I agree.

I don't think the difference between Turris and Duchene is what we gave up, but I was way off in my assessment pre-trade. There's a much more sizeable gap between Turris and Duchene than I thought there was.

It's gonna be hard to swallow if we get the worst case scenario and give COL a top pick next year, but otherwise, if we extend Duchene and the pick is somewhere in the 10-20+ range, I'm fine with this trade long term. Duchene is easily our number 1 or 2 forward with Stone, and everybody else is a few tiers below. Not counting Stone, he's the best forward we've had since Spezza's near MVP season 5+ years ago.

COL fans certainly should be thrilled with the return they got given the situation, but if this works out for us in terms of the pick we give up, it's hard to be unhappy about giving up quantity to get a player like Duchene.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Duchene wins more puck battles than he loses. Turris lost like 70% of his.

Duchene would have been amazing in our cup run last year.

Now we just gotta pray Logan Brown reaches his potential.

Duchene
Brown

Would be excellent 1/2.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
ok, what about the message it sends to the players?

What message does it send to the players when they trade Derrick Brassard--a really good #2 centre with a year left on his deal at a modest price? What message does it send when they trade a Half of Famer this summer for a bunch of futures?

The players are paid to play. They should go out and play and let the guys upstairs worry about the pick. Frankly, I'm not sure a lot of them even care whether we pick this year or next year since many of them will have moved on by the time that pick is ready to play in the show.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I’m not falling for nice plays on a horrible team, and nice plays on historically horrible teams.

Until it’s proven otherwise, Matt Duchene is the modern day Olli Jokinen

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Ben (almost said Randy) Sexton deserves a few games as well. He's been Belleville's best by far.
Ya his numbers jumped with respect to point per game.

Last year
Albany Devils AHL54191231
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

This year
Belleville Senators AHL26101020
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Also, he has steadily improved over the 4 seasons in the A since he came from Clarkson. I want to see him play.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
I’m not falling for nice plays on a horrible team, and nice plays on historically horrible teams.

Until it’s proven otherwise, Matt Duchene is the modern day Olli Jokinen
Hahaha,

Ya I hate it when McDavid acts like Jokinen and makes all of those nice plays and scores on a bad team. :sarcasm:

Also Matty said he thinks the team is pretty amazing for not being in the playoffs. Perhaps mmmmmm

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
He's without a doubt the best center we've had since a prime Spezza.

And truth be told, Ottawa fans are a bit fickle, but luckily for us Duchene plays a style of game that our fans can really appreciate.

Not that they play identical styles, but he's almost like an Alfie kind of player, but at center ice and with a little more burst in his game.

Agreed, I find his game very similar to a younger Hossa, similar to his play whilst with Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad