Friedman: Duchene & Landy available - Avs want D, won't sell cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Stole this text transcription from Avs forum section.

Friedman:

What colorado has apparently told people is don’t ask about Nathan MacKinnon, don’t ask about Mikko Rantanen, who was their #1 pick last year. Now if you’re asking about a Duchene or Landeskog, and from what I understand teams have been told; look, we’re not giving these guys away because we’re panicking, if you want to come at us with young defensmen, good young defensmen or good young defensive prospects, we are prepared to listen, but the packages will have to be big because they see Duchene and Landeskog as good players signed to good contracts. I think Colorado is only going to do it if we look at the trade and say, “ah, I understand why they would do it."

Source: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/headlines-subban-might-herniated-disc/

As an Avs fan I really like the sound of that quote. Decent offers are welcomed, no panic moves. Don't bother with scraps anymore, thank you :)

I'd personally look for players like Hanifin, Slavin, Lindholm, Fowler and Hamonic etc. as the bases of possible deals. Trading for RHD is not a problem for most Avs fans, as that would give us the possibility to trade Barrie or make him play LD. So don't worry about it.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
We aren't getting fair value for Duchene from what I have seen in other trade offers. Some Avs fans (seems most) are prepared to move Duchene, a proven forward with a great game, for a defenseman who may or may not even be the defensive equivalent. That isn't good enough. It needs to be for a defenseman who is proven as much at his position as Duchene.

Landeskog on the other hand, should have been traded in the off season. Lindholm apparently was a no go but if equivalent could have been had, it would have been nice. Right now I feel we would be selling low due to his dreadful play as of late. But if value similar to last year can be had, a trade should be made as soon as the season ends and Sakic is gone.

No major trades need to be made until Sakic is gone because we can't trust him to make a good one. He ran Roy out of town and replaced him with the worst coach currently in the NHL, a third consecutive rookie coach. I don't want him making trades that important when his decision making has been so questionable the last calendar year or more.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Yeah, won't turn this into a fire Sakic thread, but he has made good and bad trades, both. Mostly questionable.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
from an outsider looking in, doesn't trouba make the most sense??

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Yeah, won't turn this into a fire Sakic thread, but he has made good and bad trades, both. Mostly questionable.

All of the good things he did were prior to the last calendar year or so, which was why I added the time line. His bad decisions have also been much more grievous, almost entirely negating the good ones.

Bottom line is that, unless Sakic is fired tomorrow there is no point discussing trades because he can't be trusted to execute one that is in the best interest of our future, one he has to know at this point he isn't going to be a part of. He should save face with the organization and just step down tomorrow. Barring that, we'll reopen trade discussions when he is gone.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
from an outsider looking in, doesn't trouba make the most sense??

Yes, but how I understand it is that Jets don't want forwards. It would have to be around EJ/Barrie (rather latter) and Trouba.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd consider something around Faulk and Landeskog or Duchene.

Slavin is not happening. Hanifin would require Duchene to sign a reasonable extension before the trade.

Last edited:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Bottom line is that, unless Sakic is fired tomorrow there is no point discussing trades because he can't be trusted to execute one that is in the best interest of our future, one he has to know at this point he isn't going to be a part of. He should save face with the organization and just step down tomorrow. Barring that, we'll reopen trade discussions when he is gone.

We don't decide who is our GM and this is a fan forum which has a thread where fans discuss deals. We live in this situation and it is fun to talk, based on needs of teams and values of players.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
We don't decide who is our GM and this is a fan forum which has a thread where fans discuss deals. We live in this situation and it is fun to talk, based on needs of teams and values of players.

Just relaying my POV on the subject. It's not like there aren't dozens of threads already for Duchene and Landeskog both

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
After years of trying to find the next great dman, ghost is off limits

disagree. While Ghost is Dynamic, Flyers need a LW badly or a TRUE 2nd line C.

With our pipeline of D I'd take this gamble to help with our 5v5 scoring woes and help up front. While Ghost will produce, the thought of having a Landy on Girouxs wing is more appealing to me.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
That might not be bad... and Carolina seems to have a good amount of capable D men

Problem is fit.

Avs already have EJ and Barrie as RHD on their blueline.

If we trade for Faulk, we have to immediately turn around and trade Barrie because he would be obsolete then and that makes things very complicated and requires someone else giving up top notch value for Barrie as well to make it worth our while as a whole.

I also think the Avs have to get someone better defensively if they sacrifice one of Duchene or Landeskog (I really would not trade him anyways).

Slavin and Hanifin are the two names that Sakic should ask for.

That probably won't happen but after that things get complicated.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Problem is fit.

Avs already have EJ and Barrie as RHD on their blueline.

If we trade for Faulk, we have to immediately turn around and trade Barrie because he would be obsolete then and that makes things very complicated and requires someone else giving up top notch value for Barrie as well to make it worth our while as a whole.

I also think the Avs have to get someone better defensively if they sacrifice one of Duchene or Landeskog (I really would not trade him anyways).

Slavin and Hanifin are the two names that Sakic should ask for.

That probably won't happen but after that things get complicated.

I don't know... I feel like the best coaches will figure out how to utilize the RH vs. LH thing..

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I don't know... I feel like the best coaches will figure out how to utilize the RH vs. LH thing..

It is not only about handedness but also fit.

You don't need two guys on your blueline that can put up 50+ points that should be sheltered defensively. (I know Faulk can handle himself but he is far from great defensively).

@ RainierBeat:

Methot is of no interest for the Avs if it costs us Landeskog or Duchene.

Chabot or White will have to be in any package.

Add a young roster player like Ceci and I could see Sakic going for it even if I don't like it.

Something like Ceci (or comparable young roster player) + Chabot / White + 1st is probably what it would take for Duchene.

I personally would be iffy on that deal and would ask for significantly more if you want Landeskog (not because he has more value but because I really don't the Avs can afford to lose him unless we hit a total homerun).

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Sanheim+Schenn for Landeskog.

I just want to know what do you think about this Avs fans. Would you do this? I know other Flyers fans will probably 'hate' it.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The Avalanche should be liquidating everything not nailed down for prospects/any NHLer under 22 and picks.

That means Landeskog, Duchene, Barrie, Ignila and the like. I think you keep Johnson for now.

Build around MacKinnon, Rantanen, Jost and Zadorov. The team is going to have a top 4 pick in this upcoming draft so that will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->