Dubinsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
Where do you think Dubinsky will go in the draft? I think he may be the best forward coming out of the WHL this year. His 64 points in 51 games this year gives him a better PPG than any other draft eligible player in the CHL other than Picard who has 1 more point. He's not the biggest guy but he's still 5'11 and he will play in the high traffic areas and isn't afraid of the punishment. I'd personally take him over Chipchura.

meds09

Jan 14, 2004
Blue Bullet said:
Where do you think Dubinsky will go in the draft? I think he may be the best forward coming out of the WHL this year. His 64 points in 51 games this year gives him a better PPG than any other draft eligible player in the CHL other than Picard who has 1 more point. He's not the biggest guy but he's still 5'11 and he will play in the high traffic areas and isn't afraid of the punishment. I'd personally take him over Chipchura.
you'd take him over chipchura ? i have seen both of these players play several times and let me tell you dubinski doesnt compare to chipchura. chipchura is arguably the 1st or 2nd best two way player in the draft. just because dubinski has more points doesnt make him better. chipchura can do it all, ALL. dubinski is a little rat who gets PP points. chipchura any day

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
meds09 said:
you'd take him over chipchura ? i have seen both of these players play several times and let me tell you dubinski doesnt compare to chipchura. chipchura is arguably the 1st or 2nd best two way player in the draft. just because dubinski has more points doesnt make him better. chipchura can do it all, ALL. dubinski is a little rat who gets PP points. chipchura any day

I know that points are not everything but I think Dubinsky will be a steal in this draft. To me, Chipchura is a good all around player but I think he doesn't have the offensive upside to be more than a 2nd line player and I don't even think he'll do that. I think Chipchura will end up a good 3rd line player like an Ethan Moreau type(who was also a good 2 way forward who went in the 1st round pack in 94). There are always steals in a draft and players that people wonder why they weren't picked earlier. Dubinsky is my choice.

Stats(when PP points are taken away)

Chipchura 48GP 6G 21A 27P
Dubinsky 53GP 17G 18A 35P

My biggest concern with Chipchura is his lack of goal production at the junior level. I have always felt players that can't score in juniors have very difficult times in the pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad