Confirmed with Link: Dube re-signed 3 years 2.3 million AAV

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
That's more than I thought he would get. I was expecting something like 2 yrs x $1.5M

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That's all she wrote on the Eichel saga!

It was looking more and more dim at the draft.

Dunno if this seals the deal, because I don't think Eichel will be dealt before the season starts... but it doesn't bode well.

He's just going to end up on the Rangé as everyone else does that's tied to Calgary.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
h8i7Ebz.gif

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

Dunno if this seals the deal, because I don't think Eichel will be dealt before the season starts... but it doesn't bode well.

He's just going to end up on the Rangé as everyone else does that's tied to Calgary.
The dream is over. With all the integrity this organization has, our front office would clutch their pearls at the idea of a sign and trade.

Our available pieces are now Tkachuk and a 1st. Not enough. We'll spin our wheels this season and then when Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Treliving, and Sutter depart in the summer we can commit to a rebuild

Reactions: Iggys Dome

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

I don't believe we will make a deal for Eichel knowing he will miss time this coming season as he still hasn't had surgery, so after free agency started I think that ship sailed.

Love the Dube contract, slight overpayment of he doesn't improve but I think he has another gear or 2 which should make this a great deal as soon as this year.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Years two and three could be huge bargains; good risk for Flames and some cash certainty for Dube. Don't see too many three year deals like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad