GDT: DRW @ Sharks 7:30pm

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Only one crying here is you, everyone else in this thread seems to agree with the notion that Burns has been bad this season...

He's been bad defensively. He's nowhere near average offensively. 3rd among defensemen in points. Even lumping him in with all skaters, tied for 52nd is hardly average when there's at least 766 skaters to score a point this season. I don't care how one wants to parse the points stat and filter things out, he's not average offensively by any reasonable standard.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
Just got home from the game. Sharks did not look particularly fast or sharp with the puck, but their effort level was good and Howard was not so good. At this point in the season, I'm happy with 2 points however they come. That first Sharks goal was a thing of beauty.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Didn't realize Zetterberg had 948 points in 1068 games. For a player that's been on the decline point-wise for the last 4 seasons, that's impressive.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
What I’m getting from this thread is that DeMelo is turning into a defensive liability who can put up some points. Sounds strangely like another defenseman that has been scratched for the last three months...

Reactions: Papa Joe19

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What happened to Hedican, nice shiner there.

Looks like a conjunctivitis and it's kinda shocking that he's still out there. It's an infectious disease and he's standing there between the benches also doing interviews with players. I mean it's not likely to happen but imagine one of the players would get it from him. That could shut a hockey player down for weeks. With a conjunctivitis he shouldn't be in a hockey stadium anway. You do stuff like that, a conjuntivitis can last a long long time...

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Looks like a conjunctivitis and it's kinda shocking that he's still out there. It's an infectious disease and he's standing there between the benches also doing interviews with players. I mean it's not likely to happen but imagine one of the players would get it from him. That could shut a hockey player down for weeks. With a conjunctivitis he shouldn't be in a hockey stadium anway. You do stuff like that, a conjuntivitis can last a long long time...
It's a broken blood vessel. It also doesn't look like conjunctivitis.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

He posted on twitter saying it was just a broken blood vessel.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Good win, but rather sloppy play by the Sharks. I still have not seen anything this season to suggest the Sharks are more than canon fodder in the early rounds.

I have no idea why DeMelo is continuing to play. PDB's intent is clear which is to not to have the bottom pairing exposed in the playoffs, but that is probably what will likely happen with Dillon/DeMelo pairing.

The problem is that Dillon, being a seasoned NHL veteran, cannot carry partners. DeMelo's slow to read and act. Thus, he shows poor situational awareness at times. I'm doubting whether he can improve on this aspect much.

I believe whoever draws Las Vegas in the first round is going to have an issue with the refs. However, I cannot see the refs willing to favor the Knights past the 1st round and risk a reputation. So, hopefully the Sharks can draw an easy 1st round opponent, then the Knights in the 2nd round. Provided the Knights make it that far.

If it plays out like that, I don't see the Sharks winning the 3rd round. I see best odds as 1st and exit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad