Rumor: Drouin for White

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
These are quotes from right after the draft. Anything they have said since has been that he has really exceeded expectations.

Opinions change, both up and down. Stone was seen as a 3rd-4th line guy, Lindberg as a Greening clone...and then they played their following seasons. Boyle was seen as the best player on the ice in the tournaments he was in, and then lasted one year in NCAA.

Mm rkl said when they chose why they did not opt for a 2c. He implied they opted for something more. When they in fact did opt for a potential second line guy

Othello*

Pierre Dorion didn't project White as a 1C based on his comments after the draft. So they didn't opt for something better.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Mm yeah. You think when Detroit drafted zetterberg they opted to draft a 1C?
No they drafted him hoping he would be a defenseman :sarcasm:White could very well be a great number 1 center or not ,but with the numbers he has put up i wouldnt put it past him

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
No they drafted him hoping he would be a defenseman :sarcasm:White could very well be a great number 1 center or not ,but with the numbers he has put up i wouldnt put it past him

We won't know until he plays in the league what type of player he'll be. If a player is going to be a 1st line centre, usually the signs are there pretty quickly (Joe Thornton and his crappy rookie year notwithstanding).

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Eriksson is 30 and having a career year. Over the hill at 30? Come on now.

Do I think we should sign him? No, but you definitely need to re-evaluate your evaluations.

Well I don't think this post was serious. Or I hope it wasn't because it was terrible hockey analysis, except for Pageau.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think the issue is the only reason Ottawa is semi-competitive is because we can draft and develop.

Karlsson, Ceci, Hoffman, Stone, Pageau, Smith, Zibanejad.

This year we have brought up Paul and Dzingel who have shown potential. We brought up Claesson who has shown potential. We still have Puempel who could still turn in to something.

We've been fortunate with our trades - getting and developing Methot, MacArthur worked out. We traded for and developed Turris.

We got Anderson. We drafted and developed Lehner and got a 1st round pick that has allowed us to draft another prospect we can hopefully develop into a player.

We need to be smart, cautious and we need to rely on the draft and development. As soon as we start selling draft picks/prospects for now... we're going to be in trouble. Things look bad now? They'll be worse.

Regarding Puempel, I am getting close to believing he is turning into a . . .
Pumpkin! :)

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Well... Drouin has come back! And he is playing some mediocre hockey.

The guy is under a point per game and is a -6 over all the games played in the AHL this year.

Do you remember Shane Prince? Well he was putting a positive +/- whilst scoring almost a point per game with 28 goals in his last season in the AHL.

We traded Prince for a middle to late third round pick. Soooo I just don't understand why Drouin is so coveted by Bryan Murray??????

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

The guy is under a point per game and is a -6 over all the games played in the AHL this year.

Do you remember Shane Prince? Well he was putting a positive +/- whilst scoring almost a point per game with 28 goals in his last season in the AHL.

We traded Prince for a middle to late third round pick. Soooo I just don't understand why Drouin is so coveted by Bryan Murray??????

Interesting point. And Drouin did have the benefit of amazing line mates in Junior to up his Draft placement.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Well, Drouin has been sitting on his butt for a few months. I guess you can give him some leeway to get his hockey legs back.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
He's had 3 points in 3 games since returning. I still would love to have him but not at the expense of our prospects who are looking very good. Depending on how things end up with the draft, I would certainly not be opposed with trading our first rounder. If we end up in a spot where we just miss out on that first tier of talent (10th, which is looking pretty likely) I would have no issue with trading the pick for Drouin. Depends what Yzerman is really holding out for at this point.

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
If expansion goes I think that will change things for the Drouin trade. Let say the trade on the table is White + something little. Drouin has to be protected so the Sens would lose white + another of the top 7 protected forwards (Lazar for example)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If expansion goes I think that will change things for the Drouin trade. Let say the trade on the table is White + something little. Drouin has to be protected so the Sens would lose white + another of the top 7 protected forwards (Lazar for example)

Good point.

Since it looks like expansion will definitely happening within the next few years, that will affect most trades going forward. Definitely something to think about from now on regarding trade proposals.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Well, Drouin has been sitting on his butt for a few months. I guess you can give him some leeway to get his hockey legs back.

Right, but he wasn't doing well in the AHL let alone the NHL BEFORE he chose to sit out.

So either way the guy isn't as good as he has been made out to be, at least not yet anyway...

TheGeneral

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
www.blogger.com
Right, but he wasn't doing well in the AHL let alone the NHL BEFORE he chose to sit out.

So either way the guy isn't as good as he has been made out to be, at least not yet anyway...

He was doing respectable in the season he played 70+ games I believe it was. At least comparable to others' his age. So while not dominating as his skill level and draft pedigree people may have pinned him too, he was playing just fine especially considering the role and minutes he was given.

Then in the AHL he didn't play well because he pouted. Not because he wasn't good enough to excel in that league. Granted, him not playing well because he was pouting is just as bad if not more of a concern.

He will pan out to be a very serviceable offensive player in the NHL given the opportunity to that suits him well if he can put his high and mighty self opinions away. Most players drafted don't go on to play many games, so he's not a bust. Just a risk that is best suited to a low-risk/high reward trade worth only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad