Rumor: Drouin for White

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Bob Mckenzie said today he believes Ottawa was offering Colin White as part of a package for Jonathan Drouin at the trade deadline. I love White, I don't want him to go and especially not in a trade for Drouin. My question is who honestly thinks Bryan Murray would actually trade Colin White for Jonathan Drouin? Would he do it at the draft? I am scared that White for Drouin is still on the table despite Drouin's stock dropping by the day.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'm scared of that personally. Very scared.

How did Yzerman not take that deal and run? Is he nuts?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Mm yeah not sure why that deal wasn't taken. Unless maybe. Just maybe. We are over rating white? And Murray and yzerman don't value him as highly as sens fanbase.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Mm yeah not sure why that deal wasn't taken. Unless maybe. Just maybe. We are over rating white? And Murray and yzerman don't value him as highly as sens fanbase.

15th highest rated prospect according to FW. Everyone raves about him.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
No thank you- Drouin wants out, Yzerman isn't offering him up just because. I realize the value he got for St. Louis and the fact that he only wanted to go to one specific team, but I really hope Murray doesn't give him the value he wants. If Yzerman wants his former 3rd overall pick to sit out and continue to lose value, let him. Personally I wouldn't offer anything more than Puempel and our 2017 1st.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Once upon a time we traded a highly touted prospect (+) for a malcontent and most ont hese boards lost their minds. It worked out pretty well for us.

I'm willing to give Murray, Dorion, Lee, ect the benefit of the doubt if they do decide to move White for Drouin.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

BM has already been fleeced once with Yzerman, trading an up & coming star goalie for a little forward who turned out to be a pretender. Hopefully, he thinks this through thoroughly before trading away a potential heart & soul player for a malcontent. Of course, who knows which guy becomes the better player, but if a deal were to happen. Hopefully, both sides get what they want as opposed to only one side as we have seen with Bishop or they lose in the deal this time. No more favours.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Meh, it's hard to say at this juncture. White's done everything right post draft, Drouin hasn't - even if it's no fault of his.

Well even that. Drouin In his draft +1 season was incredible. The only places I have heard that white will be an elite NHL talent are here. On this board.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Yzerman and Murray both recognize that Drouin is worth more by not playing any more games this year. Letting his contract bump a year and trade him in the off-season.
Right now, Drouin isn't going to make a difference for Ottawa and the trade makes more sense for both teams after this season.

Drouin isn't a pail of pucks. It'll cost something substantial to get him.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Raves about him at the same level they rave about drouin? No

Raves about him the way you rave about Drouin? No.

For the rest of us it depends.

I wouldn't be surprised to see you put Karlsson on the table for this trouble child :laugh:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Raves about him the way you rave about Drouin? No.

For the rest of us it depends.

I wouldn't be surprised to see you put Karlsson on the table for this trouble child :laugh:

My knowledge of drouin comes from seeing him play about 5 times in junior. Wjc. And ~10 NHL games. The rest of my knowledge from people wh have watched him play waaaay more.

So really I'm not raving about drouin. I'm relaying all the stuff I have heard from people that have seen him play way more than anyone here. And they all rave about him.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Once upon a time we traded a highly touted prospect (+) for a malcontent and most ont hese boards lost their minds. It worked out pretty well for us.

I'm willing to give Murray, Dorion, Lee, ect the benefit of the doubt if they do decide to move White for Drouin.

And we also gave up Bishop for Conacher. It goes both ways.

I wouldn't give up White for Drouin.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I hope BM doesn't do that deal. He is off his ELC next year, he makes me nervous on his next contract.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
My knowledge of drouin comes from seeing him play about 5 times in junior. Wjc. And ~10 NHL games. The rest of my knowledge from people wh have watched him play waaaay more.

So really I'm not raving about drouin. I'm relaying all the stuff I have heard from people that have seen him play way more than anyone here. And they all rave about him.

What about you do the same for White before making that judgement?

Seems odd that you would say that people rave way more about Drouin today than they do about White when all you have to base your opinion on is the opinion of others and based on that I highly doubt you've seen White play aside from the juniors.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What about you do the same for White before making that judgement?

Seems odd that you would say that people rave way more about Drouin today than they do about White when all you have to base your opinion on is the opinion of others and based on that I highly doubt you've seen White play aside from the juniors.

Huh? Yes I can make that statement. Because I read equal amount of analysis on drouin as I do on white. And I am saying drouin is more highly regarded.

As for personal viewings I've seen white play 2 BC games. Plus dev camp scrimmage plus world juniors. Not much.

I'm not even sure I have ever said "I want to give white for drouin". I just don't think White is an astronomical Price to be paying for drouin.

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
The only reason I could see this happening is if they plan on getting rid of Hoffman. The team doesn't need more offense, they need better structure and players that will play hard at both ends of the ice. I would take a little less skill (a little less...not Neil) and a little more hard-edge. Give me a two way 50 point scorer over a one way 70 point scorer any day. The top 6 forwards are not hard to play against, at all.

White would slot in perfectly for Chiasson. Drouin would just be a replacement for Hoffman.

This also would strengthen Tampa Bay. Drouin is never playing for them again. He had minimal impact when he was there. By giving them White, who would have 3 years on an entry level, you free up cap space for them to fix their roster issues.

I can't see the offer getting any better for Yzerman to be honest. The fact he would want more is all the more reason to stay away.

McCluffin

Jan 15, 2015
Victoria, BC

As an outsider, I don't think you are over rating White at all. He is a top prospect without the character flaws of Drouin. He performed well at the WJC and that only raised his value. I also don't understand why Yzerman didn't take a deal for Drouin if it included White. I hope for the Sens sake (even though I grew up a leafs fan :sarcasm: ), they don't deal White, that would be a horrific decision.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'd rather hold on to White and trade Chabot if it HAS to be one of the two.

A shame we likely can't expect to land Drouin without giving up one of them. It's that or wait.

However a lot of people are clearly massively overrating White if they think he's almost guaranteed to be a top line C.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I've mentioned this a hundred times but White's production is on par with players who are legit top liners in the NHL thus far.

Also, my biggest worry is if Zibanejad and Turris aren't good enough, we still have White who can maybe be the solution. Trading White makes us put all our eggs into one basket(or 2) and C depth is crucial, especially if White becomes the player he can be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->