TSN: Drouin asked for a trade in November, should MB make a move ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
can that tool speak French? he will fit right in on tvaspawre. :laugh:

How is he a tool for reporting what happened on a radio station? Like literally he posted 1 "rumour" tweet about the Drouin situation. Now he's just following up on that rumour and giving information about the situation that comes along with the Drouin situation...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If we want to get creative...

Beaulieu + Juulsen for Drouin and Carle

Based around that, at least.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It "looks" like giving too much solely based on the fact that we love to dream that Big Mac will become a great player. But honnestly, in reality, it isn't such a crazy package, while I don't say I would do it.

If Big Mac becomes a third liner and Drouin develops well, then you should go with Drouin.

The pick, well we don't know the rank of it, so it's tough to say, but drafts are crapshoots.

Beaulieu? Again, we love to dream about his potential, while in reality, it is still up in the air if he will be anything else than a Mathieu Dandenault or a Patrice Brisebois. After all, he has yet to reach the 20 points mark and is certainly not a god defensively nor an example of consistency of dedication.

A young and supremely skilled 20 years old who's available, it doesn't happen often. So yeah, we should objectively think of what Big Mac and Beau will REALLY become (instead of dreaming) before stating that package is ridiculous.

Now it's true we should do the same exercise regarding Drouin.
I'm not even saying it's an overpayment. Drouin may become a superstar... I don't know.

What I do know is that if we lose Beau we're in trouble on the D going forward... and we're trying to win it now.

If we're going to make a trade it should be for somebody who can help us now and we should be giving up futures. We shouldn't be giving up players that are going to create new holes that we have to fill.

Timing is everything and I don't think the timing is right to give away a guy we need on the blueline (now and in the future) for a guy who is unproven and probably won't be able to help us immediately. It's just too big a risk in my opinion.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
it would be super tough to deal beaulieu and if we had to, there's no way in ****ing hell i'd add picks and mccarron. Drouin has proven ****. Beaulieu is much more of a sure thing right now.
Juulsen and beaulieu? **** no,
would set us back for YEARS

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I'm not even saying it's an overpayment. Drouin may become a superstar... I don't know.

What I do know is that if we lose Beau we're in trouble on the D going forward... and we're trying to win it now.

If we're going to make a trade it should be for somebody who can help us now and we should be giving up futures. We shouldn't be giving up players that are going to create new holes that we have to fill.

Timing is everything and I don't think the timing is right to give away a guy we need on the blueline (now and in the future) for a guy who is unproven and probably won't be able to help us immediately. It's just too big a risk in my opinion.

the only close thing in the system to a young PMD is juulsen. NOTHING else.
pateryn, lernout, tinordi etc...all bottom pairing serviceable stay at home types..
we'd be in trouble if we lost nate and noah..
and i say this watching markov decline with each day

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Beaulieu and McCarron are the two youngish assets we shouldn't be trading away.

It's not like we don't have other good prospects and young roster players to offer.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
the only close thing in the system to a young PMD is juulsen. NOTHING else.
pateryn, lernout, tinordi etc...all bottom pairing serviceable stay at home types..
we'd be in trouble if we lost nate and noah..
and i say this watching markov decline with each day

And Juulsen is a RHD who'll be stuck on the 3rd pairing at best behind two other very good puck movers...

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Beaulieu, McCarron and a pick? That's better than what Kessel returned. And he didn't request a trade either.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Beaulieu and a 2nd would be the absolute maximum I would do. Realistically it should be Scherbak and a conditional 2nd though.

BJG

Jul 30, 2005
Perhaps it's already been said/written, but I've not heard/read it:

If MB trades for Drouin, he is essentially giving up on this season. JD may become a superstar, but he isn't the piece that might put us over the top now (assuming CP comes back 100%).

If we make any move for Drouin, we wouldn't have the assets for the rental we've been expecting all season.

As I'm writing this, it occurs to me that if he makes the trade, it might be because MB knows Carey won't be back and the season is lost, so improve for the future. That would suck.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

If MB trades for Drouin, he is essentially giving up on this season. JD may become a superstar, but he isn't the piece that might put us over the top now (assuming CP comes back 100%).

If we make any move for Drouin, we wouldn't have the assets for the rental we've been expecting all season.

As I'm writing this, it occurs to me that if he makes the trade, it might be because MB knows Carey won't be back and the season is lost, so improve for the future. That would suck.

He's in his third season and is the closest to production/60 to Galchenyuk for 23 and under in the NHL. The guy is waiting to break out, but has been given a rough ride in TB for no reason.

Honestly, I think put on a line with Galchenyuk and Gallagher, they could dominate, right now.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I agree. I just don't see Drouin as the missing piece we need to get a cup. He's in the minors, has 6 goals in 90+ NHL games, can't crack the roster and he's going to be a superstar we need? I just don't see it.

We need an established NHLer with playoff pedigree to get us through the grind of a long playoff season. A player like Staal, Marleau, Ladd etc etc etc. We're not in a rebuild here. We need proven NHLers NOW. wtf, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Holly crap, people still think we are winning a Cup this year. Wake up. Pleks and DD are still our #1 and#2 centers, we only have 2 top 6 wingers and we have a giant buffoon for a head coach. We aren't winning *****. Trade for Drouin as long as it isn't for Chucky, Gallagher, Patches, PK or Price. Everything else should be on the table.

BJG

Jul 30, 2005
Holly crap, people still think we are winning a Cup this year. Wake up. Pleks and DD are still our #1 and#2 centers, we only have 2 top 6 wingers and we have a giant buffoon for a head coach. We aren't winning *****. Trade for Drouin as long as it isn't for Chucky, Gallagher, Patches, PK or Price. Everything else should be on the table.

A healthy Carey Price. 'nough said.

We have been knocked out the past two years by the eventual Eastern Conference champion. And, horrific December noted, we are a better team this year. Adding Petry has improved our d tremendously, Gally has brought his game to the next level, our bottom six are better and our possession numbers are vastly improved. My God, it wasn't THAT long ago that we were 19-4-3. Were you singing the same tune then?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Maybe it's not what people immediately think of when talking about acquiring Drouin, but he has the potential to become a #1C. Having Galchenyuk-Drouin as our top-2 centers would be quite something.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
I agree. I just don't see Drouin as the missing piece we need to get a cup. He's in the minors, has 6 goals in 90+ NHL games, can't crack the roster and he's going to be a superstar we need? I just don't see it.

We need an established NHLer with playoff pedigree to get us through the grind of a long playoff season. A player like Staal, Marleau, Ladd etc etc etc. We're not in a rebuild here. We need proven NHLers NOW. wtf, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

U don't think Drouin would an upgrade offensively over Eller? Drouin has untapped potential and would not only help us right now but for the future. If he and galchenyuk could grow and develop together we could have one of the best duos going forward... Your not gonna get a fully developed Drouin for anything less then a left nut. If we want a guy with the potential he has now is the time to bite the bullet and pay with prospects n picks. Imo of course

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

How is Drouin better than any of the players you'd put on the table. He hasn't even cracked an NHL lineup. He could be the next Gilbert Brule for all we know. Until he shows more, why is he so desirable other than being from Montreal? You could literally find 10 more players of the same age group who'd be better choices right now than Drouin.

U don't think Drouin would an upgrade offensively over Eller? Drouin has untapped potential and would not only help us right now but for the future. If he and galchenyuk could grow and develop together we could have one of the best duos going forward... Your not gonna get a fully developed Drouin for anything less then a left nut. If we want a guy with the potential he has now is the time to bite the bullet and pay with prospects n picks. Imo of course

What does Eller have to do with anything? If we could get Drouin for Eller I'd drive him to Tampa and back myself.

They're not asking for Eller. They're asking for a LOT more and I don't see the justification for a guy who's often injured, can't crack the lineup and has a grand total of 6 goals in the NHL, which oddly enough is less than what Eller has in 41 games this year.

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
Beaulieu is getting overrated here .He doesnt have top pairing potential.AT BEST he's going to be on Petry level.

One for One is a no brainer for me

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
The problem with overpayment for Drouin is that even if he pans out, Habs end up a team who's two best forwards are wingers. Galchenyuk may change that obviously, but haven't yet.

You win championships with skill down the middle.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
The problem with overpayment for Drouin is that even if he pans out, Habs end up a team who's two best forwards are wingers. Galchenyuk may change that obviously, but haven't yet.

You win championships with skill down the middle.

Drouin can and does play center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->