Dropping Huberdeau for McTavish - crazy or wise?

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
1/8th of the season is done and Huberdeau is looking even worse than he did last year. Ironically, one of my friends who's in the same pool as I stated Huberdeau was the best pick of the entire pool, due to where he was chosen (quite late).

He has 1 point in the last 6 games, has only played 14 min in two of those games (I'm guessing he was benched?), and plays on the 2nd worst team in the league, spiralling down with the equally awful Kadri.

Meanwhile, McTavish has been on fire alongside his linemate Strome on a Ducks team which has surprised a few. This is with an unproductive Zegras (2 points so far!) and Terry who only woke up last game with a 4-point performance. McTavish played on a line with Terry on the latter's hat-trick goal, feeding him.

What would you do; hang onto a coasting unproductive Huberdeau thinking he'll right the ship and the team almost single-handedly, play 20 min/game, start scoring in droves to compensate for this crappy start, or switch him for a hungry 20-year old who knows how to take advantage of his opportunities?

PS: I also have Zegras - I'm unsure whether he'll turn things around but he's been sucking on the stats sheet for a while as well.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Grab McTavish.

Huberdeau has a stale floor/ceiling. You'll get 60 pts.

McTavish is blooming on a Ducks team that's looking better than anyone thought tk start the season and McTavish is getting excellent deployment.

It seeks like a difficult choice but Huberdeau is just a name at this point. There's a possibility McTavish flops but you won't regret it much because Huberdeau will be offering offering the same ceiling as before.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm in a 14 team keeper pool where we get to keep 5 players each year and select 11. I picked 14th this year and grabbed Huberdeau with my first pick believing with Sutter gone and Huska with Savard running the PP would revitalize him.

After reading this article, I don't think there is any chance of a bounce back from Huberdeau this season. At this point I'm holding onto him just to save face. Doesn't help my 2nd pick (28th overall) has been equally as bad (Matty Berniers) further contributing to the embarrassment.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
I dropped him a couple of days ago and McTavish already picked up a point. Huberdeau has been ignored by the other 2 guys in our friendly pool, basically because he sucks. Kadri was picked by someone else and dropped last week as well.

Incoming CSI pun...

Horatio: "Calgary, it seems,... is going down... in Flames!"

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...!!!!!!

tvan

Oct 30, 2023
I'm surprised McTavish is still available. At worst, you're giving up the Huberdeau spot for a stream, which will be worth it on its own

Reactions: abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad