Drop Eichel for Point or Barzal?

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Well i have no doubt Eichel is the superior hockey player, the Sabres are such dog crap that I'm worried he'll keep being subpar all season.

Meanwhile, Point and Barzal are doing very well. Certaintly burning hot, but are thet for real?

I'm leading my league, but I'm trying to proactive & decide what to do before December rolls around.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
No. The moment our stupid coaches - current and past - realize that Eichel and Girgensons are a legit pairing, you'll regret the decision. Just let it play out for now.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Chances are that you took Eichel in Round 1 or Round 2. You definitely don't give up on that player after a month and a week, especially with a player that has Eichel's talent. I avoided him in my few one year leagues, but you can't flat out cut him.

Barzal is the better add if you do want to cut Eichel for some reason, but I would strongly advise against it.

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
No, don't drop. Trade him if you want rid of him. Dropping players like Eichel is how you giftwrap a title to someone else. Don't be that guy.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
small league, plus no trades.

so one thing i forgot to mention is a goals are worth 2 points in this league and that there is a bonus of 1 point for power player points. Point is earning more than both of them so far as result.

does that change the dynamic? I'm thinking it does.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
i mean, if Crosby played for the Sabres I'd be following that same logic.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
No trades? Really?

yep. it's a league with my co-workers. our GM is trying to keep team management simlpe.

in any case, lets not got over defensive about Eichel. I'd totally take him over anywhere else if I was trying to build a real life, winning hockey team. My question if maybe Bradyen Point is a more a productive generating points for me in the context of this league, where goals and power play points are over-rewarded.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Barzal shouldnt even be in the conversation - he's a special player with a bright future but once the dust settles you'd regret dropping Eichel in a big way for him

hard to offer more advice without knowing what else is available to drop & what your free agent heap looks like

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
okay, eichel got a goal and an assist last night, on my birthday. as a slightly superstitious person, I'll take it as an omen not replace him.

You must have far-worse players on your team that you can drop for Point/Barzal.
kane, tarasenko, giroux, namestnikov, monahan... there's some over performers in there, but eichel has been the under performer, so far. it's just the fact that he's on the Sabres that i am second guessing things.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I wouldn't call it reactive. I'm here trying to talk my way out of it with your guys help, aren't I? :)

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Team doesn't matter, as long as Eichel gets minutes and has acceptable linemates. If you're dropping anyone for Point, I'd drop Namestnikov; his history screams unsustainable hot streak. I'd be very surprised if he finishes the season with more points than Eichel.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I'm sure my categories are different (H2H G,A,Ppp,SHG,PIM,hits and blocks) but in my dynasty keeper league Evander Kane and Derek Dorsett are the top 2 rated players based on the broad category coverage and unexpected hot starts to the season. Their hot starts brought me from dead last last season to leading the league. I won 10/12 categories for the first 3 weeks running because of players that don't crack the fantasy top 50. To get helpful advice, you need to give more details.

Teams played for are irrelevant, you can't argue results... Without knowing the categories in your league, it's impossible to say who has the lowest ceiling of your roster or the higher floor. How many players can be used (2LW, 2C, 2RW, 2 D, 1 Utility, 1 G?) per day?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad