News Article: Drop and roll: How Ullmark channeled Hasek in victory over Wild

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Drop and roll: How Ullmark channeled Hasek in victory over Wild
If you thought for a moment that Linus Ullmark looked like a certain Buffalo Sabres legend on Tuesday, know that it was no accident.
Although he hails from Lugnvik, Sweden, Ullmark grew up idolizing Dominik Hasek for his unorthodox style and legendary intensity. When a defensive-zone turnover led to a point-blank scoring chance for the Minnesota Wild's Marcus Foligno on Tuesday night, he channeled one of Hasek's signature moves.

I feel shame. I didn't even notice.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I dont think MSG even gave a replay of it

Is that 3 Sabres running in to one another with one pylon further toward the point all while Wild players converge on the net, get a solid shot off and continue to hunt and hound the puck?
Yea, it is...…………….that...…………..right there...…………..is a problem!

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I dont think MSG even gave a replay of it

Pretty sure they did. Marty Biron called it out during the intermission too along with a bunch of other saves Linus made.

Linus sprung a couple of leaks on a few goals last night but he was pretty much in the zone last night. A few here on the board thought he was terrible. But you can get scored upon and still be playing very well. Linus played a really solid game last night!

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Is that 3 Sabres running in to one another with one pylon further toward the point all while Wild players converge on the net, get a solid shot off and continue to hunt and hound the puck?
Yea, it is...…………….that...…………..right there...…………..is a problem!

The players are only running into each other because of Sobotka's hilarious attempt to do something with the puck.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
I thought it was weird linus has never spoken to dom especially considering he is his hero.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad