Drew stafford

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
My guess is he'll see sometime in the blue'n'gold as well. Not much, but a little due to injuries.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
At NoDak i always thought Stafford was on the wrong team. He was good at playing tight and playing 2 ways. But his strength was in transition. Never wanted to see Stafford on an odd man rush. He is a very solid 2 way player. He may surprise and make the Sabres. Hard working, fast, skilled and responsable.

I do not know if he was out to lunch or just really twitchy. At times he looked like a kid looking out a window and wanting to play. Think he wanted a more up and down style and looked like a one man show. IMO he would have rivaled Potulny for the scoring lead if he were a gopher.

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
MN_Gopher said:
At NoDak i always thought Stafford was on the wrong team. He was good at playing tight and playing 2 ways. But his strength was in transition. Never wanted to see Stafford on an odd man rush. He is a very solid 2 way player. He may surprise and make the Sabres. Hard working, fast, skilled and responsable.

I do not know if he was out to lunch or just really twitchy. At times he looked like a kid looking out a window and wanting to play. Think he wanted a more up and down style and looked like a one man show. IMO he would have rivaled Potulny for the scoring lead if he were a gopher.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Stafford is very underated offensively....I saw him at the WJC a couple yrs ago and very impressed.

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
MN_Gopher said:
How many times have you watched him in person, or on TV?
Yeah not exactly sure why that was so funny to "USA!". You hit the nail right on the head. Stafford is VERY talented offensively, but sometimes it was frustrating to watch him because he would try to do it all himself. Whether that's just selfishness, or his style of play, it was AT TIMES frustrating. He is still a very good player who has a solid NHL career in front of him IMO.

But hot damn was he good on the penalty kill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->