OT: Drew Sharp passed away, 56

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Terrible news, he wasn't the best hockey personality, but his opinions weren't in line with what the organization thought or did. I will miss his articles and opinions.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Very surprised to hear about Boodini. The mid day show for 97.1FM was talking about him quite a bit. Sounds like he was a very genuine and caring guy in person, in contrast to his biting and often negative writing style. Rest in peace.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I always looked for Sharp's columns when I lived in Detroit. RIP

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Damn gone too soon. :( Even though I left Windsor for good 9 years ago I continue to read Detroit sports coverage on both the Free Press and the News to this day. Didn't always agree with Drew's columns but I always enjoyed reading them and I appreciated his hard work.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
While personally not a huge fan of Drew Sharp's work, he was a part of the bedrock of Detroit sports. He will be missed and is gone way too soon. My sympathies to his family.

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
TBH, I think he was my least favorite sports writer, ever. That said, I really feel for his family, and wish that I could be angered by another of his stories. RIP Drew.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Definitely a downer to see this news yesterday. I'm probably a lot like everyone else...may not have agreed with most of what he had to say but the guy still good at his job. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
TBH, I think he was my least favorite sports writer, ever. That said, I really feel for his family, and wish that I could be angered by another of his stories. RIP Drew.

Yeah, pretty much this. The guy was basically a paid troll and was representative of everything that is wrong with modern sports journalism......but 57 is way too young.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
He wasn't so much a troll as he was just a heel in the Detroit sports media. Every major market needs a cynical voice to balance the positivity. There's too many safe writers in Detroit. He was the guy willing to rip teams when they needed to be ripped.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I'm shocked. He was a frank writer and I appreciated that. Thoughts for his family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad