News Article: Drew Doughty Suspension Just Latest Example of Need To Reform Supplementary Discipline in NHL

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
No matter what you think about NHL Player Safety’s decision to suspend Los Angeles Kings defenseman one game for his hit on Vegas Golden Knights left wing William Carrier, the incident is just the latest one that shows that the league's wildly inconsistent approach to supplementary discipline decisions is a total joke.
What’s worse is that it has been that way for decades.
But there could be a solution. Check this out for some thoughts about this...

Drew Doughty Suspension Is Just The Latest Example of the Need To Reform Supplementary Discipline in the NHL

Reactions: Legionnaire

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Vegas is like that 'strong woman' or minority that gets the promotion instead of the hard working guy because it fits that diversity quota.

Reactions: Sol and KingsCourt

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Parros is an absolute joke and is abusing his power by handing out suspensions for a clean open ice hit.

The NHL tonight crew broke it down frame by frame and like Doughty said it clearly shows Carrier tries to get inside position on him, which changes his Carriers head position and Doughty lays out a clean beautiful open ice hit.

If a hit like that isn't allowed, you my as-well give them figure skates.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
It's just way too inconsistent. I get that not all hits are the same but they can be similar. That Wilson one looked very similar. Different play obviously but the hit and result were similar. How a repeat offender walks away with nothing when a guy with no record gets suspended for roughly the same hit is what gets to me. Suspend Wilson a game and alright, I understand, at least it's consistent.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
It's just way too inconsistent. I get that not all hits are the same but they can be similar. That Wilson one looked very similar. Different play obviously but the hit and result were similar. How a repeat offender walks away with nothing when a guy with no record gets suspended for roughly the same hit is what gets to me. Suspend Wilson a game and alright, I understand, at least it's consistent.

I agree the consistency needs to be improved but to be truthful that doughty hit was clean and never should of even made it to player safety.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Lmao and a playoff game to boot. Kadri better get more than 2. (he's also a repeat offender)

This one brings me back to the time Nick Kronwall got suspended for game 7 vs Tampa bay a few years back

Reactions: TCB

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Vegas is like that 'strong woman' or minority that gets the promotion instead of the hard working guy because it fits that diversity quota.

Literally makes no sense. Minorities are for the most part the hard working guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad