Dressing Sheep in Wolves Clothing (Mod Warning page 35)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Well, he felt like he needed to drop the gloves and answer for something, didn't he?

I have no problem with Dubinsky, I'm just trying to figure out what Kassian did wrong? I wish when Ekholm was roughing Bergeron up all night a few weeks ago, someone would have stepped in
and done something about it.

Reactions: Fenian24

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Well, he felt like he needed to drop the gloves and answer for something, didn't he?

I have no problem with Dubinsky, I'm just trying to figure out what Kassian did wrong? I wish when Ekholm was roughing Bergeron up all night a few weeks ago, someone would have stepped in
and done something about it.

he didn't do anything wrong, I'm just wondering if Torts wished Columbus had someone on the roster to handle that amd why Anderson wasn't out there (if he even played)

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
he didn't do anything wrong, I'm just wondering if Torts wished Columbus had someone on the roster to handle that amd why Anderson wasn't out there (if he even played)

Anderson did play, but I honestly don't think Torts thought anything was going to happen to that affect or JA would of been out-there. Anderson was out on the next shift and looch was for Edm but not even eye contact.

Jody Shelly on the post game show didn't elaborate but He did say there was some history there.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You were in good hands with those two.
I shouldn't say i got "Smashed" with them, but we definitely had 3-4 together. I was just sitting by the bar with my buddy in a pub called "Sherlocks" in West Edmonton Mall and they both came up and seemed to know the bar tender. I turned around and it was Jody Shelley. Super nice guy, then Douglas Murray joined him probably a half hour later. Murray is a behemoth.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I shouldn't say i got "Smashed" with them, but we definitely had 3-4 together. I was just sitting by the bar with my buddy in a pub called "Sherlocks" in West Edmonton Mall and they both came up and seemed to know the bar tender. I turned around and it was Jody Shelley. Super nice guy, then Douglas Murray joined him probably a half hour later. Murray is a behemoth.

Murray was a behemth. Probably the biggest strongest Swede to ever play in the NHL.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I drank with Randy McKay and Mike Peluso once. Same type of thing, few beers, they were there, my friends too.

Funny bar story.. Friend of mine was in Florida and saw the Bruins/Panthers and went to a bar after and Neely and Sweeney were there drinking...He sat with them and after like five minutes they were like you're cramping our style take off HAHA.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Murray was a behemth. Probably the biggest strongest Swede to ever play in the NHL.

According to Wikipedia: He is also the co-founder and managing partner of Uber Dispensing Co, which manufactures the UberTap, a hands-free three-spout keg tap invented by Murray and several friends from Cornell.

Workin' hard on those college degrees up there, weren't they :laugh:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
another one dimensional player done.....

Chris Neil retires from OTT

Posts like this are beyond dumb, and it shows what you know about the game... which seems to be very little. I guess the game is heading in the direction you want with little physicality & little emotion. Your comment is so far from the truth it's not even funny.

Chris Neil, for 11-12 years was one of the best 4th line players you could possibly employ. The guy fought everyone there is to fight in the NHL pretty much, played a regular shift, hit everything in sight and produced on the score sheet from time to time. No, he was never a goal scorer and no one should ever expect that to be his role... He was a damn effective player, who played the game the right way. I don't think the guy was ever suspended. You also don't play over 1000 games at an NHL level being one dimensional.

Guys like Schaller, Nash, Kuraly, Accairi, Spooner, Vatrano wish they could ever have the career Chris Neil did.

It's fine not to like the guy and the style of game he played, but to say he was one dimensional is absolutely absurd.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Posts like this are beyond dumb, and it shows what you know about the game... which seems to be very little. I guess the game is heading in the direction you want with little physicality & little emotion. Your comment is so far from the truth it's not even funny.

Chris Neil, for 11-12 years was one of the best 4th line players you could possibly employ. The guy fought everyone there is to fight in the NHL pretty much, played a regular shift, hit everything in sight and produced on the score sheet from time to time. No, he was never a goal scorer and no one should ever expect that to be his role... He was a damn effective player, who played the game the right way. I don't think the guy was ever suspended. You also don't play over 1000 games at an NHL level being one dimensional.

Guys like Schaller, Nash, Kuraly, Accairi, Spooner, Vatrano wish they could ever have the career Chris Neil did.
AND TRASHING Schaller, Nash, Vatrano, and Kuraly, numerous times shows the fanbase what? Neil was an afterthought every time the Sens played the B's

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
AND TRASHING Schaller, Nash, Vatrano, and Kuraly, numerous times shows the fanbase what? Neil was an afterthought every time the Sens played the B's
What are you even talking about now? If you can honestly explain to me how Neil was a one dimensional player, despite scoring over 100 goals, and playing 1000+ games, I'm all ears.

You've provided nothing. Absolutely nothing... people will always talk about Neil for being one of the toughest dudes to lace up a pair of skates, and a guy who always played the game the right way.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What are you even talking about now? If you can honestly explain to me how Neil was a one dimensional player, despite scoring over 100 goals, and playing 1000+ games, I'm all ears.

You've provided nothing. Absolutely nothing... people will always talk about Neil for being one of the toughest dudes to lace up a pair of skates, and a guy who always played the game the right way.

and you've provided nothing either, except complaining that we need to cut Vatrano, Nash, etc.....

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

It's fine not to like the guy and the style of game he played, but to say he was one dimensional is absolutely absurd.

Chris Neil wasn't one-dimensional at all like you said. I never looked at him as an enforcer, even though he didn't back down from anyone. Just a good physical grinding winger who could play on your 3rd or 4th line. He had 28 pts in 72 games as recently as 2012, had a career high of 33 in 2006. One-dimensional players can't do that. Chris Neil could play.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
and you've provided nothing either, except complaining that we need to cut Vatrano, Nash, etc.....
I've backed up my points about Neil not being a one dimensional player, and you've... well, buried your own head. Neil at his peak was better than any Bruins 4th liner right now, and was more valuable to his team. Am i wrong?

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Neil had 10+ goals in a season 5 times. Nash, Vatrano, Schaller and Kuraly have scored 10 combined this season. He was also an alternate captain the past 5 years.

I don't have any particular love for Neil, but he could make Ottawa games entertaining (18 fights against the Bruins) when the Senators were an overall dull team.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
another one dimensional player done.....

Chris Neil retires from OTT

Nice try, others have pointed out how misinformed calling Chris Neil a one dimensional player is so I won't, I will ask how many of the soft and skilled 4th liners you love so much will last until they are 38 even playing a game where they don't hit, fight, block shots or contribute anything except being fast. That sounds a bit more one dimensional to me than Chris Neil.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Vs Boston Bruins 72 games 9 goals 7 assists 16 points 200 pim

Schaller Career stats 122 games 12 goals 14 assists 26points 36pim
Kuraly Career 36 games 3 goals 4 assists 7 points 18pim

I can clearly see how these two players are far superior to Chris Neil, and the leadership and other intangibles they bring are off the charts:sarcasm:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Vs Boston Bruins 72 games 9 goals 7 assists 16 points 200 pim

Schaller Career stats 122 games 12 goals 14 assists 26points 36pim
Kuraly Career 36 games 3 goals 4 assists 7 points 18pim

I can clearly see how these two players are far superior to Chris Neil, and the leadership and other intangibles they bring are off the charts:sarcasm:

You're missing Kuraly's playoffs last year. His career numbers against Ottawa have him a .5 goals per game :laugh:. Don't remember Neil having that much impact when he played Boston. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->