Dressing Sheep in Wolves Clothing (Mod Warning page 35)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Slightly less than the current pace of our own 55

Well Acciari's pace (4 in 65) would put him at 18 goals over the same timeframe as Boll.

So by slighty, you mean Acciari's pace is double that of Jared Boll, you would be right.

For what it's worth, I think Noel Acciari is very one dimensional as well.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Well Acciari's pace (4 in 65) would put him at 18 goals over the same timeframe as Boll.

So by slighty, you mean Acciari's pace is double that of Jared Boll, you would be right.

For what it's worth, I think Noel Acciari is very one dimensional as well.

Right both terrible and Acciari brings hitting and boll brings toughness.

I guarantee the room would love him, he'd be the ultimate teammate and would be a huge hit in an original 6 city.

Last edited:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
People are bringing up Boll's demotion as some sort of verification that teams don't want toughness?

Boll was replaced by Liambas --who is a younger, better fighter and hungier (9 fights already this year) but to make it sound like the Ducks are moving away from toughness is really a stretch when they have, besides Liambas, a tough customer in Beauchemin, Josh Manson --who can hang with anyone in the league, ditto the 234pd Ritchie on RW. Perry, Getzlaf and Kesler will fight other team's stars. They also have Wagner who, if you have not been paying attention, is easily the best and most devastating hitter in the league right now.

Oh, and Bieksa is back to his 1 punch ways again these days.

So yeah:

Beauchemin
Manson
Perry
Getzlaf
Kesler
Bieksa
Liambas
Wagner
Ritchie

Boy oh boy, with the Boll waiving the Ducks are standing on a rooftop yelling to the hockey world that they don't believe in icing a rough team anymore.

The Ducks are 12th in their conference. Maybe they should.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
No one said that at all.

Simple question, do you think the Bruins should put in a waiver claim on Jared Boll? Yes or No?

Yup I would happily take him as the 14th forward over Accari, Schaller or Vatrano. I would prefer some of the other players I have listed in other posts over Boll but I take him for nothing.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yup I would happily take him as the 14th forward over Accari, Schaller or Vatrano.

Fair enough.

I wouldn't take him over Schaller or Vatrano. But they are LWs and Boll is a RW.

I think I would take him over Noel Acciari.

As 14th forward I'd certainly take him over Matt Beleskey.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Fair enough.

I wouldn't take him over Schaller or Vatrano. But they are LWs and Boll is a RW.

I think I would take him over Noel Acciari.

As 14th forward I'd certainly take him over Matt Beleskey.

Sad part is I didn't even think of Beleskey he is so out of the plans for the Bruins.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
People are bringing up Boll's demotion as some sort of verification that teams don't want toughness?

Boll was replaced by Liambas --who is a younger, better fighter and hungier (9 fights already this year) but to make it sound like the Ducks are moving away from toughness is really a stretch when they have, besides Liambas, a tough customer in Beauchemin, Josh Manson --who can hang with anyone in the league, ditto the 234pd Ritchie on RW. Perry, Getzlaf and Kesler will fight other team's stars. They also have Wagner who, if you have not been paying attention, is easily the best and most devastating hitter in the league right now.

Oh, and Bieksa is back to his 1 punch ways again these days.

So yeah:

Beauchemin
Manson
Perry
Getzlaf
Kesler
Bieksa
Liambas
Wagner
Ritchie

Boy oh boy, with the Boll waiving the Ducks are standing on a rooftop yelling to the hockey world that they don't believe in icing a rough team anymore.
weren't people trying to make the case a few weeks ago that the Bruins had so many injuries because they didn't have enough toughness? What is the Ducks' excuse with all those bangers on the team?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Jared Boll is such a terrible hockey player he jumped from juniors directly to the NHL and has never played an AHL game in his life in what, 8 years?

Are some of you allergic to testosterone? He's no more one dimensional than some of the guys on our roster.
Agreed. Exactly what dimension is Schaller or Vatrano adding?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
and what era is this 2017, not 1979, the reason Anaheim loaded up is they originally thought the physical game still exists, not the skill and finesse you're seeing the style morph into.
Yes because Vatrano and Schaller are waaaaaay better than the players Colt mentioned from Anaheim.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yes because Vatrano and Schaller are waaaaaay better than the players Colt mentioned from Anaheim.

AND HE KEEPS FORGETTING WHY teams like Philadelphia have disavoved the legend of a bully mentality, simply put, once the League forced the dissolution of staged fights, and those who are simply one dimensional players have slowly disappeared.....

the Big Bad Bruins and the Broad Street Bullies are what really, today, an era gone by....

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
AND HE KEEPS FORGETTING WHY teams like Philadelphia have disavoved the legend of a bully mentality, simply put, once the League forced the dissolution of staged fights, and those who are simply one dimensional players have slowly disappeared.....

the Big Bad Bruins and the Broad Street Bullies are what really, today, an era gone by....
What?? Who said anything about staged fights? Have we even had one since Darin Kimble? What a reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad