TSN: Dreger and Mckenzie's Team Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'd be shocked if he weren't on the team. That being said, if he isn't you probably shouldn't lose sleep over it as it's Canada's mistake, not any of ours. Luckily, we'll find out soon enough what the roster is but I'd be utterly shocked if he's not on it.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
As I pointed out earlier, I think a lot of Montreal fans will be disappointed by Subban's inability to dominate on the 'bigger ice'. His skating ability is much more suited to NHL sized arenas where he can use his great strength on his skates and his edge skating to maneuver in and out of trouble. I think Subban will be much less effective in open ice where speed is at a premium. His straight line and recovery speed is only mediocre and I fear that this limitation will be exploited by elite skaters who will have that extra 15 feet to use to their advantage. Subban, if used properly, can be a valuable player. But those who expect him to be Canada's shut down defenceman or Canada's main puck transporter are going to be disappointed.

I hear what you're saying but I think the simple fact that there's just more room would really open up the play for him.

His straight line speed is a lot better than mediocre. I get that the more educated of our fans can see that PK isn't as fast as some of us think but conversely I think you guys reactionarily(?) under sell PK's speed. He's not Letang but he isn't significantly less imo.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
I loved Dave Stubbs comment on TSN broadcast.

"if you think PK Subban is on the bubble you probably have a bubble in your head" .

Eat that Dreger

void

Jan 5, 2006
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie:
RD: Doughty, Weber, Pietrangelo, Subban. LD: Keith, Bouwmeester, Vlasic, Hamhuis. * We think top 3 each side are set, volatility on 4th pair

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie:
Critical ? on D: is Team CAN married to 4L and 4R. If so, we think Hamhuis gets in. If not, 7 and 8 go to two of Subban, Seabrook, Boyle.

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
During the Habs game last night on RDS Pierre Houde said that his american counterparts kept telling him that they couldn't believe that Subban making Team Canada was really a question mark to the point where they found it comical.

If Subban doesn't make the team, Yzerman and co. will be an international laughing stock. Book it!

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
I'm really and I mean REALLY starting to get pissed about people saying Subban maybe won't make the team...tired of this ****.

I'd be disappointed if he didn't make the team, but at this point, I just want them to announce the team and leave the kid alone. Just stop talking about flaws that don't exist and character issues that aren't issues.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Yeah you're totally right. It's not as if Subban spent four years in juniors playing on an Olympic-sized rink. Nope.

Yeah, he just dominated those OHL junior players. Unfortunately, those players won't be on the ice at Sochi. Most of them are now selling insurance. The elite skaters will expose Subban's skating limitations. He'll make the team, but he's no savior.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
when does it start?

nvm... Im an idiot this whole last 27 mins I was like why isn't it on then I caught on its 10am est, not 10am lol

11 am est is the actual announcement though.
TSN just has a 'pre-game' show.

Atleast I think that's accurate.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I'd be happy with him as our 7th D, just make the team :yo:

He has been one of the best defensemans in the league for the last 3 seasons. The guy deserves to be on the team and be a starter. However I can see these clowns not taking him and saying he has attitude problems and **** like that:shakehead

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'd be disappointed if he didn't make the team, but at this point, I just want them to announce the team and leave the kid alone. Just stop talking about flaws that don't exist and character issues that aren't issues.

Exactly. It's become a frikkin PR circus, and PK has done nothing to fan the flames. If he makes it - great! - and if he doesn't, let him be more rested and motivated for the Habs post-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad