Proposal: Drasaitil and Larsson for Marner +

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Like I said, you can go ahead and make up whatever kind of story you want to try and play along with your narrative.

You're not going to convince anyone outside of Leaf land that your story is anywhere close to true. Until Marner goes out and puts up back 2 back seasons like what Draisaitl has done, it's not anywhere close to a wash.

And just to add that once he does, he'll get paid, so his extra season of ELC is 100% irrelevant.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
:edmonton
Marner, Mitchell ($894,167)
Bracco, Jeremy ($842,500)
Nielsen, Andrew ($697,500)
Martin, Matt ($2,500,000)

:leafs
Draisaitl, Leon ($8,500,000)
Larsson, Adam ($4,166,667)

Oilers get the top line RW for McDavid and a tough guy who can help on the 4th line plus some good prospects to help there cap problems and the Leafs get a good 2nd line center who can play 1st line if Matthews gets hurt plus a good shutdown defender to help play with Rielly

Thoughts?
This leaf fan says hell no !

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
I tried imagining this actually happening and it laughed so much that I coughed and now there's loogie on my floor.
I just cleaned my floor yesterday, thanks.
Thats really strange. Why are you so invested in a hockey forum ? You know it’s all fantasies right ?

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Let's be real.. O'Homer wouldn't even trade 'generational' Auston Matthews for Connor McDavid.

Nope Connor is ruined. See his face when drafted? Watched his team quit,Terrible gm, watched a Hart trophy finalist traded for second pairi g d man, has to live in to serve and protect ville. I would not trade Matthews for McDavid, there is no point, matthews is on the same tier,

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Straight up, awful.

Not even close to a #4 lol.

Taylor Hall is a total stud! the kid is ****ing awesome!

Not going to argue with you about the teams . It obvious that you are an expert on rebuilds . Most GM only have 10 years on the job if they are lucky . Leafs fans have 52 years to look back on bad trades and rebuilding . They are close now made the playoffs 2 times . Time to rejoice , As for the McDavid taking off to the Maple Leafs . He signed with Edmonton for 8 years . Matthews will be in Arizona long before McDavid plays for the Maple Laughs . Damn auto correct I mean Leafs

Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nope Connor is ruined. See his face when drafted? Watched his team quit,Terrible gm, watched a Hart trophy finalist traded for second pairi g d man, has to live in to serve and protect ville. I would not trade Matthews for McDavid, there is no point, matthews is on the same tier,

Yeah, WTF has McDavid accomplished as an Oiler anyway

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
What awful logic. So you wouldn't trade Larsson for anyone less valuable than Hall because your GM is terrible and gave away the Hart winner for a 20pt top4D?

Chiarelli would drive Larsson to the airport himself and tell him never to step foot back in Edmonton if it meant getting Marner.

This is no different than Habs fans thinking Weber is worth Nylander. You're too proud to admit your GM made a terrible trade so you expect the return on that player to be worth closer to the elite player you gave up than the average return you actually got.

Larsson is still young and a huge part of our team. He came at huge cost so why trade him for someone who isn't a huge need? But what I said was the worst part of this deal is adding Draisaitl. Drai is worth more, especially to Edmonton. Terrible, terrible deal for the Oilers. Awful!

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Sure bud, whatever you say!

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
I fail to see how this isn’t just another troll post. That’s 2 I’ve seen in 2 days. It’s no wonder I left the boards for 4 years. I’m back and nothing’s changed it seems. Shame.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I fail to see how this isn’t just another troll post. That’s 2 I’ve seen in 2 days. It’s no wonder I left the boards for 4 years. I’m back and nothing’s changed it seems. Shame.

Welcome back!

You can get likes now! :laugh:

Mar 26, 2010
Marner > Draisaitl

Very easily. Anyone who thinks that Toronto is Trading Marner is out to lunch. Keep dreaming, Draisaitl does not get Edmonton anywhere near Marner.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
The same 4 or 5 posters still at it I see. Unable to have a rational discussion without the blatant homerism. Again it’s a shame

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Marner>Drai
Matthews= McDavid
Gardiner>Larsson.....because points

Where to begin honestly.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The Leafs would NOT "take this and run", because Draisaitl is not in their long-tem plans, whereas Mitch Marner is. Teams don't just want to go out and swap players all the time because of how they look on paper or in Fantasy hockey rankings. They often invest in their own players they drafted and developed.

Hot take here.. I suppose the Leafs wouldn't trade Marner for McDavid either since he's "not in their long term plans"?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Thats really strange. Why are you so invested in a hockey forum ? You know it’s all fantasies right ?

I come for the luls, i guess.

I did literally cough all over the floor and about half an hour before that I'd washed my floors. I have hard wood floors and I hate mops. I get down on my hands and knees to wash the floors. It takes a long time.

Reactions: pmwlker

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Not going to argue with you about the teams . It obvious that you are an expert on rebuilds . Most GM only have 10 years on the job if they are lucky . Leafs fans have 52 years to look back on bad trades and rebuilding . They are close now made the playoffs 2 times . Time to rejoice , As for the McDavid taking off to the Maple Leafs . He signed with Edmonton for 8 years . Matthews will be in Arizona long before McDavid plays for the Maple Laughs . Damn auto correct I mean Leafs
I'll never understand Leafs and Oilers fans mocking each other. It really is bizarre when there's nothing to brag about.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
:edmonton
Marner, Mitchell ($894,167)
Bracco, Jeremy ($842,500)
Nielsen, Andrew ($697,500)
Martin, Matt ($2,500,000)

:leafs
Draisaitl, Leon ($8,500,000)
Larsson, Adam ($4,166,667)

Oilers get the top line RW for McDavid and a tough guy who can help on the 4th line plus some good prospects to help there cap problems and the Leafs get a good 2nd line center who can play 1st line if Matthews gets hurt plus a good shutdown defender to help play with Rielly

Thoughts?

Hey Jdog... big brother Snoop says "Passsssssssssssssssssss................. it".

Second-hand-dope-600x413.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad