Draper says on TSN that 46M gets it done for the PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Greschner4 said:
I've been as pro-owner as anybody, but I have absolutely no idea why the owners would turn this down. I don't really see anything wrong with the players' very first offer on the cap, quite frankly.
Agreed, just because it's set at 45 or 46 does not mean every team will hit that mark. *sigh*

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
Lou is God said:
Agreed, just because it's set at 45 or 46 does not mean every team will hit that mark. *sigh*

The only explanation I can think of off the top of my head is that something nobody knows about is going on with the politics of the owners or that the owners just really want to kiss this season goodbye and start with the rebranding and relaunch under less hurried circumstances.

I suppose I sort of understand the latter, but I still probably would have taken a player deal at $46-47.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Betmans contention

Lou is God said:

When you have a rational cap, teams tend to hit it...eg:

We want to win, lets do the most we can to win, if you dont have a cap, clearly you can spend infinite ammounts of money.....

Most of the teams in capped leagues are close to the cap.

So, Bettmans contention tends to be coincident with reality(go figure).

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The NHL has come up from 31 mill... that's like a 35% movement since this neg thing started plus they moved off cost certainty.

One things for sure, they won't be at 42 mill next fall............ players should just suck it up and grab it now ... as Bob himself has said there's very few teams over the 42 mill mark now anyways.....

A Good Flying Bird*

mooseOAK said:
$3 million is the approximate ticket revenue from 5 home games. It isn't a pittance.

Red Herring
Only for the teams which will be at the cap level. And those fans are going to be seeing less money spent on their teams. The Wings and Rags are going to drop from close to $80 Mill to close to $45 Mill.
Those are the teams that will be affected most by a higher cap. Those are the fans that would be worried about 5 home games.

mooseOAK*

Newsguyone said:
Red Herring
Only for the teams which will be at the cap level. And those fans are going to be seeing less money spent on their teams. The Wings and Rags are going to drop from close to $80 Mill to close to $45 Mill.
Those are the teams that will be affected most by a higher cap. Those are the fans that would be worried about 5 home games.
Bettman addressed that in his news conference. Raising the cap by $6.5 million or $3 million raises raises every payroll below it also, whether or not teams make it all the way to the maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->