Draper says on TSN that 46M gets it done for the PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddick

Feb 29, 2004
id say $45 gets it done for the owners, so lets just say what has been said since last night and do $45.5 damn you!

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

The players have already conceded 6 million from their stance. All the NHL has to do is up their offer by 3 million and we have a deal folks.

I think I am gonna puke.

mooseOAK*

scaredsensfan said:
The players have already conceded 6 million from their stance. All the NHL has to do is up their offer by 3 million and we have a deal folks.

$3 million is the approximate ticket revenue from 5 home games. It isn't a pittance.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Last ditch effort..

Art Regner of WXYT 1270 said he just spoke with a high profile player who he trusts. The player said they have made a last ditch effort to get a deal. It's up to Bettman now. For those who dont know Art does the pre and post game shows for the Wings. Normally he doesn't talk out of his ass. He also said this player spoke with Draper and said Draper was just talking when Kris said he got a fax from the union saying the season was cancelled.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The owners are clearly just bullying the PA now. The PA has continually made concessions and have tried to negotiate, finally going along with a salary cap, and the NHL is still rejecting them. How is a difference of $3-4 million going to make any difference for the 'poor small market teams' losing billions of dollars combined? **** Bettman and the NHL.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
$42 million is really respectable. Anything over 43 million wouldn't help the NHL much.

bhawk24bob

Jan 25, 2005
EdBelfour20 said:
listening to M. Barnaby on the FAN590 - disgusting, what a fool..

what the hell did he say that was so disgusting? he sounded pretty level-headed to me

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
The owners are only out to stomp the union. They don't give a **** about the fans period.

Lets remember the comment when we are supporting the owners and the NHL

"The hockey doesn't matter"

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
DeuceUNO said:
go away.

go post on "ownersfuture.com"

:handclap:

JUST AGREE ON A NUMBER 45/46 WHO THE HELL CARES?

THESE GUYS ARE UNREAL, I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!!!

What is it exactly? How many teams will even go above $44/$45? come off it. Im going to be STUNNED if there is no season.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
cuz you're an expert on the situation and have seen all the books and know exactly what will help the league and what won't?

give me a break

it pisses me off these guys won't even take an extra day or so at least to do some real negotiations, instead turning to these hardline "take it or leave it i won't negotiate" tactics

edit: this was in response to the poster saying "anything above $43 mill doesn't help the league"

Crows*

WhalerBoy said:

What is it exactly? How many teams will even go above $44/$45? come off it. Im going to be STUNNED if there is no season.

I'l be saddend and suicidal, but not surprised... after all these idiots both ****ed everything up already.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
NataSatan666 said:
The owners are only out to stomp the union. They don't give a **** about the fans period.

Lets remember the comment when we are supporting the owners and the NHL

"The hockey doesn't matter"

As opposed to those honest, hardworking players.

"Nothing matters but the game.

Oh, and the money, oh god, the money.

..but..er..mostly the game"

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
Stephen said:
How is a difference of $3-4 million going to make any difference for the 'poor small market teams' losing billions of dollars combined?
As I posted on a number of other threads, the difference is significantly greater than $3-4 million. The NHLPA thresholds are to be indexed using the 2005-2006 season as a base comparison. So the $49 million cap bandied about will only be in effect for this and next season when revenues will be down significantly, thereby keeping the owner salary costs in the 70-75% range. After next season the NHLPA gets to increase the thresholds if revenues increase compared to the disaster that next year will be. If there is a 30% drop next year (which is not inconceivable) then when the revenues return to the current 2003-2004 levels the NHLPA proposed cap goes to $70 million. That is only the hard portion, the soft cap is actually higher. So the difference we are talking about here is more like $30 million.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
WhalerBoy said:

I've been as pro-owner as anybody, but I have absolutely no idea why the owners would turn this down. I don't really see anything wrong with the players' very first offer on the cap, quite frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->