OT: Draft tickets?

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
The Stars website just states more news to follow at a later point. I wouldn't worry about it. There should be plenty of tix available. I'm on their mailing list, so I'm sure I'll hear about it when they send something out.

Reactions: Inferno

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Did a quick search and all I could find out was that tickets to last year's draft went on sale in April.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Went to the 2013 Draft with friends at the Rock and they were literally giving tickets away for free. I would imagine that it may be the same case in Dallas.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The tickets are not free anymore as far as I know but they haven’t been released yet

I will also be going assuming they win a top pick

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Never even close to sold out - can be a bit dull; I usually get drunk with a buddy or two

Can just get the tickets on stubhub

Reactions: Samuel Culper III

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
This is the best way to do it. Pregaming it hard and heckling the fans of rival teams and Bobby Mac makes for a fun night.
You can often talk to some of the parent-looking people there that look nervous and usually wind up talking to a prospects' parents haha

Met quite a few front office people as well - shaking Joe Nieuwendyk's hand was pretty cool too

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I've been to the draft 4 times. It is fun if you like to run into hockey celebrities. If you want to pay attention to the draft you are far more connected on your laptop than you are in the building. My brother and I went to the Ovechkin draft in Carolina. I book the hotel online, and by sheer luck, wind up at a hotel that is one of the staging points for the draft. We wind up on a bus full of prospects headed to the arena for the draft. No credentials, just walked on and sat down and tried to act like we belonged. We are two seats behind the driver, with the front seat open. Driver gets going and tells someone he has one stop to make, and he swings by a different hotel and picks up Alex Ovechkin, his parents and his brother and they sit right in front of us. While we are en route to the arena, Alex's brother is recording Alex with a camcorder and do you know who's stupid mug is photobombing that video? This guy.

Reactions: Inferno and JRinNYC

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I went to the 2013 draft in Jersey and 2014 draft in Philly. Jersey draft was the one where they did all 7 rounds in one day. Had a ton of fun. Went with a good group of both Devils and Rangers fans and it was cool seeing the Devils make that big trade in the arena with the fans there. My advice would be bring something like The Hockey News draft guide or whatever material to have on hand to look at as picks are going off the board and make sure you have your phone charged with extra battery to refresh Twitter and such. It can be slow but I thought it was awesome to go to. You can use the later rounds to check out the different activities and walk around if you didn't get to it before the draft starts.

As for tickets, since they did all 7 rounds in 1 day I believe tickets were only open to Devils season ticket holders which is how I was able to get. 2014 was easier and made available to the public since the draft was back to two days.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Three first round picks as of now. Hmm, sounds like the Draft in Dallas is a definite road trip for me. Hope to see others there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->