draft order (pre lottery)

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
turnbuckle said:
Havedn't seen much of Bernier or Helenius I presume. Both are elite goalies,a nd both will be drafted in the first round.
I didnt say they wont be drafted in the 1st round just not in te top 15. And ur right i havnt seen a whole lot of either (only U18s for Helenius and U18s along with 4 Q playoff games for Bernier) but IMO neither are elite they are very good prospects but right now IMO they arnt top 15 picks. I think if you can grap one in the 20s it would be a very good pick.

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
turnbuckle said:
As for the Blues not taking Kessel...why not? Perhaps I'm blind but I still see a dynamic player that will produce and excite at the NHL level. St. Louis needs a young scoring star to rejuevenate fan interest, and Kessel will provide that. I like Jackman, Brewer, Backman, Jackson, Wideman, Lynch, Woywitka, etc., I don't think St. Louis is exactly hurting on the blueline in comparison to their forward woes, so Kessel IMO is a good fit, would make the team next season and contribute.

Kessel will not be playing in the NHL next season, in my opinion. Not sucessfully anyways. You can't replace Pronger, but Johnson is a good start.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
RangerBoy said:
30-Red Wings-124 points
29-Ottawa-113
28-Dallas-112
27-Carolina-112-Blues have this pick-Doug Weight
26-Flames-103
25-Devils-101
--------------------
24-Buffalo-110
23-Nashville-106-Caps have this pick-Brendan Witt
22-Flyers-101
21-Rangers-100
20-SJ-99
19-Ducks-98
18-Avs-95
17-Oilers-95-Minnesota has this pick-Dwayne Roloson
16-Habs-93
15-TB-92
Non-playoff teams
14-Canucks-92
13-TO-90
12-Thrashers-90
11-LA-89
10-Panthers-85
9-Wild-84
8-Coyotes-81
7-Islanders-78
6-Columbus-74
Lottery
5-Boston-74
4-Caps-70
3-Hawks-65
2-Pittsburgh-58
1-Blues-57
NJ goes from a top 10 pick at Christmas to the 25 seed, you gotta love it.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
turnbuckle said:
That's the way I had it. I remembered that Toronto slaughtered them head to head, so i knew thay'd get the 13th pick since they had the same amount of wins.

Thansk for the modifications gentlemen - forgot about the divsional winner thing, even tho I disagree with it. i had the lottery order correct at least. LOL

Here's a quick mock up until Montreal's pick:

1/STL Kessel New owners looking for a scoring star and drawing card. Kessel has talent to be best St. Louis homegrown forward since Bernie Federko, perhaps best ever.

2/Pitt Johnson Great fit for team that needs defencemen. Will likely play right away on great young team next season

3/Chi Staal Another great fit - fills need for big talented center. Line of Bell, Staal and Ruutu would be deadly someday.

4/Wash Toews Will be great linemate for Ovy in near future. Fills a need for legitamite number one center prospect

5/Bos Backstrom One-two punch at center with Bergeron gives Bruins hope

6/CLB Mueller He'll be an important piece to top line depth in 2 years along with Zherdev, Nash, Picard and Brule. Will add some size to group.

7/NYI Brassard Yet another team looking for top two center

8/PHO Tlusty - Barnett doesn't mind gambling on a wild card - some have him in top 8 (RLR at least) so it's not a big reach. Phoenix needs offensive talent.

9/MIN Okposo Solid winger rising fast on draft charts. He a Minny boy as well.

10/FLA Williams Keenan likes defence and size - a good fit since they have lots of forward prospects

11/LA Bernier - Lots of good prospects, but still no notable up and coming goalie prospects. Bernier will fill that void. Underrated goalie will be solid NHLer.

12/ATL Sheppard - Happy to see him still there - fills a need for size/grit on the wing

13/TO Frolik -Young power forward prospect - what a concept. Toronto should be thrilled if Frolik drops to them.

14/VAN Little Nice future replacement for Morrison, brings smarts and offensive abilities.

15/ TB Sanguinetti - TB looking for depth on defence. Kubina and Boyle may not be around much longer...they need a quality offensive defenceman in their system.

16/MTL Wishart - Just what the doctor ordered. Doesn't hurt to have another 6-5 defence prospect that can skate to go along with O'Byrne. Imagine a defence someday with Wishart, Komo, O'Byrne, Souray/Rivet, Markov and Emelin. Not a group that many will be messing with.

i'm worried that Tamp will want Wishart however.

To me Bernier and Tlusty are the wild cards. If Los Angeles grabs Bernier at 11, then it increases the odds that Montreal will get a crack at Wishart or Little, perhaps even Frolik if Toronto opts for the local kid in Little. I'm not sold on Sanguinetti, and hope he is gone before Montreal picks.

Love the Toronto pick. However, i do think he is not a power forward from any angle.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
steblick said:
Almost all teams choose by BPA rather than position in the first round (asset value). So, you should hedge those "no way teams X drafts a Y" comments.
There's still no way tampa drafts a d-man with their 1st rounder.

Transported Upstater

MaDdY said:
Love the Toronto pick. However, i do think he is not a power forward from any angle.

If Sheppard or Frolik fall to the Leafs, I will dance in the streets with an umbrella. Even if it isn't raining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->