draft lottery proposal by Gary B

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
From Islander beat writer for Newsday Alan Hahn regarding Sidney Crosby and the NHL

A Reebok executive recently said the Rangers are the ideal team for Crosby, Reebok and the NHL.

One NHL agent who doesn't represent Crosby said the league should take every step it can to place Crosby in New York, where the league hasn't had real celebrity buzz since Wayne Gretzky retired.

"If they don't," the agent said, "then they're dumber than we all thought they were."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/print...n05,0,515351,print.story?coll=ny-sports-print

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
RangerBoy said:
From Islander beat writer for Newsday Alan Hahn regarding Sidney Crosby and the NHL

A Reebok executive recently said the Rangers are the ideal team for Crosby, Reebok and the NHL.

One NHL agent who doesn't represent Crosby said the league should take every step it can to place Crosby in New York, where the league hasn't had real celebrity buzz since Wayne Gretzky retired.

"If they don't," the agent said, "then they're dumber than we all thought they were."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/print...n05,0,515351,print.story?coll=ny-sports-print

The only fair way to assure that happens is to have a fairly weighted draft. Then if a team other than the Rangers win the 1st pick, the league orchestrates a trade so that the Rangers can select the savior. Nothing else is fair!

So, say Atlanta wins the first, Bettman calls DW and Sather to help broker some type of trade. Say something like:

To Rangers: ATL's #1 (Crosby)
To Thrashers: NY's #1, Fedor Tjutin D, Jozef Balej, RW and Nigel Dawes, LW

Everybody gets what they want!

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
PecaFan said:
There are numerous fans of us good teams saying we shouldn't have a shot at the top few picks in the draft.

I don't remember a single person advocating the "everyone should be equal" stance that wasn't a fan of a good team.

I've been advocating this from the start, and before you go "Wings fan blah blah blah", for several months I was under the impression that the Wings had already dealt their 2005 first rounder last year, so I had absolutely no personal interest in the draft when I formed my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->