1. Ott
2. LAK
3. NYR
4. Tor
5. NJD

Scintillating

Jul 14, 2004
Halifax, NS
Just thought I'd check the Sid the Kid Sweepstakes to see where it might look like HFers think he's going and:
after 55 entries, nothing scientific but:

3 Ball Teams:

NYR - 20 :eek: please God, no :help:
BUF - 7 *One ineligible if owner doesn't make changes
PIT - 4
CBS - 2

33/55 = 60% chance of a 3 Ball Team winning.
20/55 = 36% chance of going to Rangers!!!

2 Ball Teams:

LAK - 4
CHI - 3
EDM - 3
CAL - 2
PHX - 1

13/55 = 23.6% chance of a 2 Ball Team winning.

1 Ball Teams:

MTL - 3 *One ineligible if owner doesn't make changes
NJ - 2
DAL - 1
DET - 1
OTT - 1 *One ineligible if owner doesn't make changes
TB - 1

9/55 = 16.4% chance of a 1 Ball Team winning.

Interesting at least, if not the least bit unscientific, but
then most (make that all) of the systems used to 'guess'
the winners of a lottery are useless, otherwise instead
of sitting in this friggin' damp, cold, windowless office, I'd be sitting
on a nice warm beach or hitting the links someplace interesting having
won an actual lottery...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just an update. I've put all the data so far into an Excel workbook. That way all I have to do is enter the draft order and all the heavy lifting (ie the calcuations) are all done for me. On Friday I'll be watching the draft lottery unveiling just like everyone else, so as soon as that and all the analysis is over, I'll post the results of our contest.

When that happens, everyone will should double check their scores just to make sure they're calculated right, becuase it's entirely possible that I've made a mistake in my setup.

Finally, just a reminder to champben2002, Jag68Vlady27, acadienboy, and bit82 that your entries are incorrect (acadienboy only filled in 4 teams, not 5. The rest used more than 2 of the 3-ball teams), and although they will be tallied up, they won't be factored into the standings.

one last reminder that all entries and corrections are due by the end of Thursday night. As of Friday, July 22nd at 12:00am, no more entries will be accepted.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Final Reminder: Entries are due by the end of today. As of midnight, entires are closed, and then I will announce the winner tomorrow after the draft lottery.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I dozed off last night after watching TSN and had a very short dream where the New York Islanders won the lottery. :huh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Oilers112, you need to fix your entry. You have Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Columbus (all 3-ball teams) in your entry. You need to replace at least one of them with another team that does not have 3 balls in the lottery.

T-Minus 7 hours and 36 minutes until the deadline for entry submission (midnight pacific time).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->