Draft Lottery - May 7th @ 6:30 ET, ESPN (upd: #1 SJS, #2 CHI, #3 ANA)

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
8paqk6.jpg

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
lol people and their “for the next 15 years” claims around draft time.

I bet Chicago fans were saying that about Dach too , he lasted what 3 years
There was a lot of skepticism at the time surrounding the Dach pick once that got leaked the morning of the draft. A ton of people thought Byram should be the pick. Some thought Turcotte deserved serious consideration. Dach wasn't even the consensus top guy from the Dub, as Cozens was statistically a bit better that year.

Reactions: Summer Rose and Esq

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
There was a lot of skepticism at the time surrounding the Dach pick once that got leaked the morning of the draft. A ton of people thought Byram should be the pick. Some thought Turcotte deserved serious consideration. Dach wasn't even the consensus top guy from the Dub, as Cozens was statistically a bit better that year.
Dach was just an example.

It’s a cliche and it’s hardly ever true to boot.

Reactions: Summer Rose

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Unless that's the practice lottery that they run to get ready for the standard TV lines. I know the NBA does a practice lottery before the TV broadcast starts for their lottery

Yurp, I was going to say this happens about every single year and the 'leaks' float around social media with rains of conspiracy flying about.

Fairly certain they do a couple of test runs and augment the board about, but it's fun to save and look back on just in case.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Still don’t understand what’s wrong with just giving the last place team the 1st overall pick. I really don’t get it. SJ should get the first overall. I hope it’s them.
Same. Scrap the lottery and add in some protections against teams sitting on the 1st overall pick for multiple years in a row. No more conspiracy theories, minimal "tanking". Easy.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Yurp, I was going to say this happens about every single year and the 'leaks' float around social media with rains of conspiracy flying about.

Fairly certain they do a couple of test runs and augment the board about, but it's fun to save and look back on just in case.
There was definitely, 100% a leak during the Hughes lotto because I knew the Devils were going to win before the reveal.

Forget the exact circumstance that led to it but someone leaked it before the TV special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad