GDT: Draft Lottery: Habs Picking Top-3 (Wish for Very Few Whistles in Sharks/Knights Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Not really.

After the first two, guys ranked between #3 and #9 have about the same value. Hopefully, Habs gonna pick the best of them.

The year we drafted Komisarek, what was it 7th or 8th overall, our scouts wanted Mikko Koivu, who went 1 pick earlier. Being able to pick #3 is absolutely better than picking 7th.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Tkachuk isn't surpassing Zadina at #3, don't be ridiculous. If Svechnikov drops to #3 you take him, if not you take Zadina. No brainer.

Reactions: Redux91

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Not really. It’s better but not by much. And Bergevin and his crew can mess it up since the players after the top 2 are so close.

Timmins has done really well in the past. I'm gald he's going to be able to choose the player he wants.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Going from possible top 2 to a craps shoot of 4-5 players for 3 .... demoralizing..

just spent the last 2 hours thinking we got Svech, to quote maxwell smart, that is a sucker punch to the gonads

Im glad were in the top 3 n all...but this stings for sure...

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
It's supposed to be an awesome top heavy draft, I'm sure the guy we get will be great, but man, I really wanted 1 or 2 as many of you did :(

Reactions: Runner77

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'm happy for Buffalo. They got screwed over Connor McDavid.

You're happy for B uffalo ? You're quite the sucker then. Sorry to inform you but they willingly tried to throw off games by trading their goalies and starting backups in certain situations. I really don't know how you can't feel sorry for them. A terrible org with terrible objectives which would be better off in another city.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Well we had an 80% chance of drafting top 2 coming in. I'd consider that pretty significant. But just like in poker, sometimes the crappy hand gets lucky and wins.

By the way, the odds aren't based on normal distributions or simulations. They're based on probability. You count every possible scenario that can occur and then divide all the scenarios that have Montreal winning by that number to get our odds of winning.

Probability theory is based on the assumption of the law of large numbers.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Which of the wingers between zadina, svechnikov, or tkachuk will get drafted and miscasted out of position like our last 3rd overall? Time will tell.

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad