GDT: Draft Day Part 3: Who's Stogie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
They might've gotten better for this season, but I don't think long term its a good trade. Putting Zadorov into that trade should be a deal-breaker.

Zadorov isn't that good and has a **** attitude. He got suspended twice this season, they soured on him.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Slats really shat the bed today... A whole lot of nothing. Why did they even show up? I feel bad for the little kid who waited to go on stage with them and ended up with nothing. And they're probably to young to get something from sitting at a table with all the old farts in the front office

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
A name that didn't get moved today is Kerby Rychel. He's potentially a player who can step in right away and be a bottom-six forward, and CBJ is rumored to be interested in adding a right-handed defender. Is there a fit there with Klein?

Yes that's what we need more bottom six guys! Who needs a bottom six when u can have a bottom 9!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I watched Bittner play a couple of times and I fall into the first category. It's not just him benefiting from being on a great team, it's him benefiting from being on a great line (with Bjorkstrand and Petan). He also doesn't seem all that interested in using all of that size he has. Still surprised he wasn't picked though.

You're not alone in that opinion. Heading into the draft I would've said it was about 50/50. I thought there was a possibility a team might take a flyer on him in the teens, but I didn't think he'd make it to the second round.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The D is still a question mark, to me. Ristolainen is a nice piece. I like Gorges and Bogosian, but neither is a top pair D. Maybe Pysyk finally breaks through. Maybe McCabe makes it. Not much else there.

And color me doubtful about Lehner.

Also had this thought. They're gonna need McCabe to break through, and Pysyk/McNabb/Risto to take a step forward if they want to make it next year. Lehmer needs to show his potential as well.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Yes that's what we need more bottom six guys! Who needs a bottom six when u can have a bottom 9!

Did you see our fourth line in the postseason? The bottom-6 needs a bit of work. Although with St. Louis leaving, the need for a top-6 forward is apparent. We can acquire both, unless you think Klein is getting us MSL's replacement.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Buffalo's goal isn't to make it ASAP. they are going to slow cook the team around these guys and hopefully get them all together. BTW Risto ate big minutes this year.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Did you see our fourth line in the postseason? The bottom-6 needs a bit of work. Although with St. Louis leaving, the need for a top-6 forward is apparent. We can acquire both, unless you think Klein is getting us MSL's replacement.

I don't think we're going to acquire either, honestly, except for a replacement for Hagelin if we have to send him out.

The team's potential improvement next season is going to be driven whatever steps forward Stepan, Kreider, Hayes, Miller, and Fast take.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
@stevezipay: Rangers vacating draft table fairly quickly....They'll be back at 10 a.m.

Zipay's work today:

"Someone is talking to Sather"
"Looks like a deal"
"Rangers desk pretty quiet"
"Some movement at Rangers desk"
"Sather goes home"

Thanks Zipay, you did exactly what your name suggests: Zip

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

I agree. We could use a more effective forechecker on the fourth line, and a shooter to pair with Hayes

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Zipay's work today:

"Someone is talking to Sather"
"Looks like a deal"
"Rangers desk pretty quiet"
"Some movement at Rangers desk"
"Sather goes home"

Thanks Zipay, you did exactly what your name suggests: Zip

You missed AV is standing up while everyone else is sitting down. :laugh:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Highlight of the draft so far is Boston trading away Hamilton and Lucic to gain 2 extra 1st round picks and they select 2nd round prospects with their picks. Insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad