Dr_Gonz0's 1st round mock draft

Divine Wind

3rd nomination for Blum.

With no sign of luckoftheduck in sight, we will roll with Blum for anaheim at 16.

With the 16th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Anaheim Ducks are pleased to select defenceman Jonathon Blum from the Vancouver Giants of the WHL.

nyrfan444 has been sent a PM and is now on the clock for the Ranger's 17th overall selection.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
With the 17th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the New York Rangers are pleased to select Center Lars Eller from the Vastra Frolunda HC Indians of the J20 SuperElit League.

Eller1.jpg

I really wanted Sweatt or Petrecki to fall here, as they would have easily been my pick. But Eller is a nice consolation prize, a raw center who possesses solid skating, scoring, and playmaking abilities. His non-traditional origins are a concern for some scouts, but that worked out alright for the Sabres and Vanek. He is admittedly a bit of a project and far from a "safe" pick but with the solid prospect depth the Rangers have managed to collect as of late Eller is a chance worth taking.

Shattenkirk was also strongly considered, but after taking Sanguinetti last year we had to go a different route. PM will be sent as soon as I post this.

Last edited:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
With the 18th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Calgary Flames are pleased to select Center Mikael Backlund from Västerås IK.

455c3945c7c97.jpg

The Flames were really hoping Eller would fall to their spot at 18 but will gladly take Backlund as well. There are still major concerns over Backlund's ability to stay healthy but there is no question about his overall offensive potential and the Flames are eager to get another top offensive prospect in the fold to join Boyd, Puustinen and Ryder.

________

Feb 6, 2006
With the 19th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Minnesota Wild are pleased to select forward Patrick White from the Tri-City Storm of the USHL.

I would've liked to draft a defenseman for the Wild, but White was the best player on the board IMO so I had to take him.

Pittsburgh has been PM'ed

Divine Wind

With the 19th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Minnesota Wild are pleased to select forward Patrick White from the Tri-City Storm of the USHL.

I would've liked to draft a defenseman for the Wild, but White was the best player on the board IMO so I had to take him.

Damnit, have to resort to plan B i guess. lol

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

Good pick, I would be happy if come draft day the Rangers picked him up

Divine Wind

#1GuinFan was a no show for the Pen's pick, so we will go with a consensus selection. I will open up the nominations with Colton Gilles.

Divine Wind

Pen's Consesus pick:

With the 20th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins are pleased to select forward Colton Gilles from the Saskatoon Blades of the WHL.

Phoenix is now on the clock.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
Hey, sorry i was unavailable, since the next pick hasn't been made, can i make my selection please?

Gillies is not the guy i want at all.

if I can re-select:

With the 20th pick in the 07 draft, Pittsburgh is pleased to select, from Chilliwack of the WHL, Oscar Moller.

Divine Wind

Hey, sorry i was unavailable, since the next pick hasn't been made, can i make my selection please?

Gillies is not the guy i want at all.

if I can re-select:

With the 20th pick in the 07 draft, Pittsburgh is pleased to select, from Chilliwack of the WHL, Oscar Moller.

I will let it slide since PHO has not made their pick yet.

People, by agreeing to participate in this mock draft, you agreed to all the rules of the mock. If you can't meet these requirements, find someone to pick for you or notify me. Just don't no show, because you screw over the rest of us that are commited to this draft. Thank you.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Phoneix Coyotes select from the:

Lewiston Maniacs of the QMJHL - W David Perron

Way too much skills to pass up. The stick handlings and slick moves will be a nice compliment to our big fowards Mueller, Wheeler and Hanzal. Perron brings the potential elite skills on the wing we can use in the future. Not to mention that he is coach by one of the best in the CHL bussiness.

Montreal is on the clock and PM will be sent.

Last edited:

Divine Wind

Phoneix Coyotes select from the:

Lewiston Maniacs of the QMJHL - W David Perron

Way too much skills to pass up. The stick handlings and slick moves will be a nice compliment to our big fowards Mueller, Wheeler and Hanzal. Perron brings the potential elite skills on the wing we an use in the future. Not to mention that he is oach by one of the best in CHL bussiness.

Montreal is on the clock and PM will be sent.

Nice pick, he was definately on my radar for my next pick.

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
With the 22th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Canadiens de Montréal are proud to select from USDP-18 , Kevin Shattenkirk

:habs

The habs were really considering to select Shattenkirk at 12th overall since he's rated 7th by Mckeen but will gladly take him at 22nd.

Divine Wind

With the 22th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Canadiens de Montréal are proud to select from USDP-18 , Kevin Shattenkirk

:habs

The habs were really considering to select Shattenkirk at 12th overall since he's rated 7th by Mckeen but will gladly take him at 22nd.

Did you PM The Slave to notify him that it is his pick?

PS - Nice pick, a good draft for the Habs!

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Flyers will nab Thomas Hickey (Defenseman) with their second pick in the 1st round.

Defense is a little thin. Hickey is not a bad prospect.

:flyers

Divine Wind

LowBall sent me his pick Via PM:

With the 24th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are proud to select Max Pacioretty from the Sioux City Musketeers of the USHL.

newfiehabsfan is now on the clock for the 25th overall pick for Vancouver, PM sent.

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
With the 25th pick in the 2007 nhl entry draft,the Vancouver Canucks selects from the Vancouver Giants of the whl Michael Repik.

We took Michael because hes a good skateing forward with alot of upside and based on his memorial cup play thus far.

Divine Wind

Lowball sent me his pick via PM, but said he would prefer to make the pick himself tonight in a follow up PM. Maybe he is having 2nd thoughts or what not about his pick. We shall just have to wait and see!

Anyways, who is eveyone's favourite picks so far?

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Dr_Gonz0 said:
Lowball sent me his pick via PM, but said he would prefer to make the pick himself tonight in a follow up PM. Maybe he is having 2nd thoughts or what not about his pick. We shall just have to wait and see!

I like Couture and Pacioretty for the Blues... if Lowball's next pick is as good for the Blues (Brett MacLean :thumbu:), I'll be the first to commend him for a job well-done.

P_B

:bb:

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal

i think Montreal really did well for themselves here. Coming out with Esposito at 12 is great. Like him or not, at 12 it's a steal....well too early to really say but you get the point. Also getting Shattenkirk at 22 is pretty good too. He could go top 10 at the real draft.

And although I never really saw him play, what I'm reading about this Eller kid is pretty interesting. It looks like he could be the real deal here and the steal of the draft. At 17, I think NYR did very well there IMO.

Divine Wind

I like Couture and Pacioretty for the Blues... if Lowball's next pick is as good for the Blues (Brett MacLean :thumbu:), I'll be the first to commend him for a job well-done.

P_B

:bb:

He sent me it via PM, so i know who it is if you are interested. ;) He said he wants to post it, so not sure if that he just wants to make the announcement or if he has had a change of heart. I'll PM you it if you are curious.

Divine Wind

I guess there is a heated debate at the St. Louis draft table. lol Lowball said he will make his pick within the hour.

... and draft day cold feet set in. :biglaugh:

Edit: I can't believe you are keeping us in this much suspense. lol

*cues drum roll*

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad