Dr_Gonz0's 1st round mock draft

Safir*

Alright, I'm gonna take the Sens. Unless a Sens fan comes around.

Divine Wind

What are everyones predictions on who goes first overall? I can't see Chicago passing on Turris frankly IMO.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
What are everyones predictions on who goes first overall? I can't see Chicago passing on Turris frankly IMO.

I say Kane. He is more NHl ready and Chicago needs new blood and players now. Then JVR to Philly. They like them big and he is american. Great fit in Philly IMO. Then.....I can't tell you yet;) .

Divine Wind

I say Kane. He is more NHl ready and Chicago needs new blood and players now. Then JVR to Philly. They like them big and he is american. Great fit in Philly IMO. Then.....I can't tell you yet;) .

His offense is bonafide, but i question his size. Which i think would hamper him greatly if he made the jump to the NHL right away. Like Hemsky, he is too good for junior now, but not quite ready for the big show. Listed generously as 5'10" and 160 makes me wonder if that size of a frame can support the wear and tear of the NHL schedule. Yes he will put on some muscle and weight, but the odds are stacked against him IMO.

Safir*

T'N'T, Toews and Turris.

I wouldn't be completely surprised to see the Hawks stunning the entire world by taking Esposito first overall. Simply because of the name Esposito.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
His offense is bonafide, but i question his size. Which i think would hamper him greatly if he made the jump to the NHL right away. Like Hemsky, he is too good for junior now, but not quite ready for the big show. Listed generously as 5'10" and 160 makes me wonder if that size of a frame can support the wear and tear of the NHL schedule. Yes he will put on some muscle and weight, but the odds are stacked against him IMO.

I agree 110%. It will be a though choice for the team picking him. He might not be ready for the NHL but he would more than likely lose his time in juniors. Size is the big and only reason IMO that he might not be the n1 overall pick. Turris size is also a concern but he will have time in the NCAA to add some muscle.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
T'N'T, Toews and Turris.

I wouldn't be completely surprised to see the Hawks stunning the entire world by taking Esposito first overall. Simply because of the name Esposito.

That would be a stunning for sure. But I don't think they would take him because of the name. If so, they would be the stupiest team in the world.

Divine Wind

Wow 1 hour away from controversy!!!

Will Chicago show up??

I know. I was wondering the same thing. Great way to kick off the draft. lol

He has an hour still, then i will be looking for nominations. Once a player is nominated, it will take backing from another 3 GM's to be considered a consensus pick.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
I'm leaving soon for mothers day(will be back around 9/10 PM). Just wanted to say that I back up any of Kane, Turris and Voracek nomination for n1 if needed(hopefully not).

Safir*

Either Kane or Turris are fine with me. According to a poll on the Hawks section of the board Kane is the favorite.

Divine Wind

Either Kane or Turris are fine with me. According to a poll on the Hawks section of the board Kane is the favorite.

With a kane nomination, and 2 votes, i will give the 3rd to complete the consensus selection.

With the 1st selection in the 2007 nhl entry draft the Chicago Blackhawks would like to select from The London Knights of the OHL, Patrick Kane.

The Slave is now on the clock for Philadelphia's 2nd overall selection.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
With the 2nd pick in the 2007 NHL entry draft the :flyers are proud to select, Forward John Van Reimsdyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyk or however you spell his full name.

Divine Wind

With the 2nd pick in the 2007 NHL entry draft the :flyers are proud to select, Forward John Van Reimsdyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyk or however you spell his full name.

Did you PM C-Saku Koivu MTL to tell him it is Phoenix's pick?

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
With the 3rd overall pick the Phoneix Coyotes are proud and please to select from:

The BCHL Burnaby Express - C Kyle Turris

A though choice between him and Voracek but we can simply not pass up the potential of Turris here. Turris will probably be in the NCAA for atleast 2 years and were more than ready to wait for this kid to be ready.

Los Angeles (WpgKings13) is on the clock, PM sent.

Divine Wind

With the 3rd overall pick the Phoneix Coyotes are proud and please to select from:

The BCHL Burnaby Express - C Kyle Turris

A though choice between him and Voracek but we can simply not pass up the potential of Turris here. Turris will probably be in the NCAA for atleast 2 years and were more than ready to wait for this kid to be ready.

Los Angeles (WpgKings13) is on the clock, PM sent.

Turris and Mueller could form an excellent 1-2 punch in a few years time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->