Dowzak to Kelowna

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
'06 draft eligible d-man Tysen Dowzak who was planning on playing in the USHL this year will instead be going to the WHL.

Personally, I think this is a great move for him. He seems to be the prototypical WHL d-man and I think this will do a lot for his game and his draft stock.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
this move makes alot of sense, i think he will benefit much more playing in the most physical junior league in north america, not saying he wouldnt have done fine in the ushl. what a steal for kelowna, id love to see guys like okposo and forney go in that direction.

Mixx

Jul 19, 2005
No No do not say that!! I want to see Okposo with my Gophers in another year! Forney is looking more and more like a player the Gophers are also looking at.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Mixx said:
No No do not say that!! I want to see Okposo with my Gophers in another year! Forney is looking more and more like a player the Gophers are also looking at.

Damn, I was convinced Dowzak was going to the Sioux.

Oh well :cry:

Avery4Byng*

Wicked news, Kelowna is going to have a stellar team this year, only losing 4 guys from last years WHL Championship team.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
tray said:
Wicked news, Kelowna is going to have a stellar team this year, only losing 4 guys from last years WHL Championship team.

any news in regard to darzins? i know he's out until december...but...will he join the team then? go back to europe? join the milwaukee admirals?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Doomsday Device said:
He's an overager right? It's very rare for a team to use both their overager and Euro position on the same player.

that's what I had thought, but apparently that was the plan before it was discovered he'd need surgery in the offseason that would keep him out. they were apparently very pleased with his play,especially in the playoffs, and had intended to go ahead and retain him...but...like i said, i have no idea what the plan is now.

Nazzy-19

Mar 3, 2004
Vancouver
nomorekids said:
Darzins, Weber, Mosienko...Comeau?

Weber, Mosienko, Palin and I think the other is Bodie.

Looks like Weber and Palin will be replaced by Edler and now this Dowzak kid.

Darzins will likely be replaced by the other Euro we drafted this offseason.

A guy within the organization like Cuthbert will prolly take up Mosie's spot.

IIRC Spurgeon will also be out for a few months for the same reason as Darzins. So somebody will have to take his place for awhile too.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Nazzy-19 said:
IIRC Spurgeon will also be out for a few months for the same reason as Darzins. So somebody will have to take his place for awhile too.

Wait, why will Spurgeon be out?

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Nazzy-19 said:
IIRC Shoulder surgery like Darzins. I'm pretty sure it was him. It was in the same article as Darzins.

Yeah, December return for both. I found the article on the Capital News' website, but I can't get a working link for it because of their weird archiving system. Searching for 'Darzins' on http://www.kelownacapnews.com/ brings it up, though.

As for Dowzak, anybody have a link confirming this? I've seen nothing official yet.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Lard_Lad said:
Yeah, December return for both. I found the article on the Capital News' website, but I can't get a working link for it because of their weird archiving system. Searching for 'Darzins' on http://www.kelownacapnews.com/ brings it up, though.

As for Dowzak, anybody have a link confirming this? I've seen nothing official yet.

its reported on ushr.com, which is a pay site, so i cant provide the link. it is 100% certain that dowzak is headed to kelowna. the website is very accurate and they usually break stories before most.

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
Nazzy-19 said:
Weber, Mosienko, Palin and I think the other is Bodie.

Looks like Weber and Palin will be replaced by Edler and now this Dowzak kid.

Darzins will likely be replaced by the other Euro we drafted this offseason.

A guy within the organization like Cuthbert will prolly take up Mosie's spot.

Bodie is supposedly returning as an overager even though Edmonton signed him.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
cagney said:
'06 draft eligible d-man Tysen Dowzak who was planning on playing in the USHL this year will instead be going to the WHL.

Personally, I think this is a great move for him. He seems to be the prototypical WHL d-man and I think this will do a lot for his game and his draft stock.

Why didn't he play for the USNTDP U17 last year?

He's only 17 so it's not like he's going to dominate the WHL or anything this year, but he should be a decent addition to the Rockets club.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
HabLover said:
Why didn't he play for the USNTDP U17 last year?

He turned down an invitation.

HabLover said:
He's only 17 so it's not like he's going to dominate the WHL or anything this year, but he should be a decent addition to the Rockets club.

That would be a relevant comment if anyone in this thread inferred he would be dominating the league this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad