Downie Suspended Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
paxtang said:
LOL, except he jumped nearly everyone, would beat you on the ice, almost killed Kyte, tried to step on peoples hands with his skates, crosschecked people in the face. He was a dirty, wonderful fighter. Loved the guy.

edit: i guess rapidshare files can't be posted here. just go to hockeyfights.com, search in clips. peruse, join the site, learn something (not you in particular, mostly jonprescription)

Oh I've been a member there for years. I prefer Brown's style to filthier guys like Berube, Wendel Clark and Nilan.

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
CarlRacki said:
Another Billy Tibbets without the r a p e ?
Isn't that a bit like saying "Another Jeffrey Dahmer without the murders"?

In other words, the eating is still ok? :sarcasm:

No one is denying that Aliu was a jerkass on the Spitfires, but to blame him for what happened between him and Downie is like blaming Brashear for getting whacked by McSorley.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Metallian said:
Theo Fleury is a great comparisson.

This guy is a lockerroom cancer, a bully, and just about everything you don't want on your hockey team off the ice.

Someone tell Brent Sutter that, and make sure he doesn't get on Canada's WJC team in 2005-06

:sarcasm:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
sevenSteen said:
Matt Nickerson would eat him alive.

Obviously weight is an issue, so we'd need an equalizer. How about if Nickerson has to have a BAC > .250, and Downie gets to hold a roll of quarters in his left hand?

Roger's Pancreas*

rt said:
Obviously weight is an issue, so we'd need an equalizer. How about if Nickerson has to have a BAC > .250, and Downie gets to hold a roll of quarters in his left hand?

Downie with quarters = death sentance.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
rt said:

I'm not sure if getting Nickerson blackout drunk is gonna make it any more fair, might just make him not feel anything that Downie lands. I like the Quarters idea though. Lets upgrade that too brass knuckles and I think we might be aproaching a fair fight.

Whose calling Don King?

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
trippyime said:
And not only that, he got suckered into the fight. He asked to go, the guy said yes and then chickened out. By then, it was too late. Total BS for Steve.

Actually Martine only waited to make sure the refs would give Downie the extra 2, then beat him up.

stanley

Feb 27, 2002
Panasonic Youth said:
How many players can get named to an all-star game, win a gold medal, be named as one of the tournament's mvps and be suspended on two separate occasions prior to turning twenty?
This young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle.

jaydub*

this is guy is like mike tyson, except mike tyson had talent. downie will never be more than a 3rd line grinder and if he isn't careful he will be with ty jones, wherever he is now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad