Confirmed with Link: Dowd traded to the Canucks for Subban

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Dowd played relatively well before his recent string of scratched games. Seems like that was enough to find a trade partner. Hopefully Andreoff and Shore are similarly moved once Clifford and Carter are back.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
There's no chance Shore goes before Mitchell or Jokinen.

Yea. Dude is going to hit 25 points if he's healthy, right now that looks like more than Mitchell or Jokinen combined.

Nothing really needs to be done when Clifford comes back, we have a roster spot. Carter is so far down the road that everyone being still healthy by then is unlikely. Brodzinski would probably be the one going down, but lots can happen between now and February/March.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Dowd with 8 mins of ice time, no points and a minus 1 in his debut for the Canucks, which was a loss

Jul 31, 2005
CA
It's amazing how King fans still get attached to long shot prospects. You'd think after getting hit over the head with a hammer about 230 times they would learn these are depth prospects. The highlight of Dowd's career was being mistaken for Jim Dowd.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Nic Dowd was the front runner for the 3C position to start the season.

Look how that turned out. Guy missed out on a great opportunity.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Nic Dowd was the front runner for the 3C position to start the season.

Look how that turned out. Guy missed out on a great opportunity.

coach regime change brought a new vision and dowd just didn't fit in there. i wish him good luck, but he was dispensable for better options in this corridor of the market. that's how it goes, and i think it was a good decision, it cannot hurt lak drastically.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Hopefully Shore is moved once Clifford and Carter are back.

tenor.gif

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Not sure how one could claim that Dowd played relatively well then proceed to knock Shore.

Might need to bust out with that highlight reel of Nic Dowd sitting on the bench. That's the one thing he did well in the limited amount of time we noticed him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Dowd is literally one of the best 4th liners in the NHL. Don't hate on him for playing the Derek Armstrong role and being forced up to the 2nd line.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Dowd is literally one of the best 4th liners in the NHL. Don't hate on him for playing the Derek Armstrong role and being forced up to the 2nd line.

He was nothing like Derek Armstrong as far as being forced to play over his head. Sorry.

He wasn't even the best fourth liner on the Kings, let alone the league.

Reactions: KingTrouty

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Dowd is worse than Shore, who both are better than Andreoff. I’m shocked they were able to get anything of value for him. It gives me hope that Blake can at some point rid the team of aged out prospects and grinders.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
On another note, I agree with Ziggy and RC. I don't know how people can criticize Shore but lament the loss of Dowd.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Are peeps not able to move on from Dowd? Jeez! At best, Dowd was (as the late, great Bobby Heenan would say) a "ham & egger".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->