eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
Guess nucks need someone down the middle with Horvat's blown up ankle

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If you guys do what should have been done 3 years ago and convert Subban to forward you might have something.

His size/defensive game will never play in the NHL at his current position but his skating ability/shot/skill level might - plays like a rover and scores winger-style goals.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I like that Blake is always looking to improve even in the most minor way.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This kind of sucks because that means when Clifford comes back Andreoff stays and won't get waived. I mean I've always been intrigued by Jordan Subban so we'll see how this goes.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Dowd will be UFA. He wasn't playing much. 16 games out of 30. With probably even less time once Carter returns. If he wasn't going to return next season, I can see why this deal was made now.

Reactions: Rekingsfan17

member 105785

He's got a high skill cap, but poor defensively at even the AHL level. He has the tools but just isn't good enough on the back end.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
At least he straight murders water bottles, that's cool.

Dowd was impending UFA, we probably need the roster spot for Clifford (ugh, Andreoff), he probably wanted to play, Van may need the C with Horvat dead, and we get a skilled RHD for Ontario for when LaDue eventually comes up when we make a big d-man trade ;)

Reactions: Rekingsfan17

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Dowd isn't playing much, Vancouver needs a center, Dowd is hardly a proven commodity, Subban is a whatever prospect at this point, the Canucks want the Kings to take a contract back, Dowd is a UFA, Subban is a RFA, easy enough for both teams to walk away at the end of the season should they so choose, and the Kings don't want to send Brodzinski down. Even if they wanted to send Andreoff down, which they don't, but even if they did, they'd be paying him NHL money in the AHL, which few teams want to do. Subban, $70k in Ontario, Andreoff would be $675k.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->