Player Discussion Dougie Hamilton

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Dougie is what, 24 now (just turned 24 I believe). He is still super young and his defensive game will continue to improve and he has potential be an elite d-man in the league.

Just an aside because of the sheer ridiculousness that is some hockey "fans", Sam is 3 years younger and people are calling him a bust.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Hey Flames fans
Just curious to know if you guys think Dougie has more upside to is game ?
By the look of it he had a solid year on offense and improved on defense
Thx

I think we're roughly seeing his offensive ceiling, 50pts seems about right thinking through his entire career up to this point. It makes sense for this to be about as good as he gets, points-wise at least.

As an aside, he is massively underrated defensively.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If he reduces his penalty-taking a smidge, gets used on the first PP unit instead of the second, and the team has a less unlucky year, 65-70 points are not out of the question for him. He hit 50 last year while playing second unit PP, that's virtually unheard of for a Dman who excels on the PP.

I'm not sure if we can see that big of a jump personally. But him being an annual 55-60 point Dman would be completely within rational thinking for me. The guys who produce at that 65+ level are players that seem to never leave the ice. Unless Gully has a change of heart, I dunno if Dougie will be that guy for Calgary.

Really, if he continues to improve, and Gulutzan puts more faith into the kid; I really think the guy can be an all-purpose 1D in this league.. and among the elite ones at that.

Ultra underrated defensively, an elite 5v5 producer; could be a bigger PP threat... learning how to use his stick and be physical; I can't see why a 1D wouldn't be obtainable by Dougie. The only thing holding him back will be that defensive IQ, which at times you just kind of wonder what he's doing (leads to a lot of PK time).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad