Proposal: Doughty to the Leafs (No extension)

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
:leafs
Doughty, Drew ($7,000,000)
Lewis, Trevor ($2,000,000)

:kings
2019 1st round pick (TOR)
2019 2nd round pick (TOR)
Liljegren, Timothy ($925,000)
Timashov, Dmytro ($693,333)

Thoughts?

With another 1 for re signing??? I would hate to give up Lilly for a 1 year rental. But I have to give to get

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
:leafs
Doughty, Drew ($7,000,000)
Lewis, Trevor ($2,000,000)

:kings
2019 1st round pick (TOR)
2019 2nd round pick (TOR)
Liljegren, Timothy ($925,000)
Timashov, Dmytro ($693,333)

Thoughts?
Nope

Look I get we need to improve our D but giving up who could be the next Karlsson for a year of Doughty is just bad management. Second behind Doughty we have nobody decent on the Right.

Go after Carlson in the offseason hard, likely will be cheaper than Doughty and if we fail then look at both options in Karlsson and Doughty.

Reactions: Skin Tape Session

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
1st
Zaitsev
Brown
Nylander

for

Doughty (re-signed)

Not sure what I could see reasonably being added on to that, at some point we're getting bent over.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Let's stop this nonsense. Leafs are in no position to strip their club for one year of Doughty. And please don't make these silly trades where Doughty is "resigned" be the Leafs. Those trades just don't happen, a year ahead of an expiring contract
Doughty has been present when the Kings lost two playoffs this year. Does anyone really think if he had been Leaf in game one and two in Boston the Leafs would have won?

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Nope

Look I get we need to improve our D but giving up who could be the next Karlsson for a year of Doughty is just bad management. Second behind Doughty we have nobody decent on the Right.

Go after Carlson in the offseason hard, likely will be cheaper than Doughty and if we fail then look at both options in Karlsson and Doughty.
I like how you went straight to the top with lil’ grin(can’t remember how to spell his name). Not that maybe he could be a top 4 defenceman or even top 2. But
Let’s just say he could be a top 2-3 defencemen in the league. That’s a really big if my man. He could also be a complete flop.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Let's stop this nonsense. Leafs are in no position to strip their club for one year of Doughty. And please don't make these silly trades where Doughty is "resigned" be the Leafs. Those trades just don't happen, a year ahead of an expiring contract
Doughty has been present when the Kings lost two playoffs this year. Does anyone really think if he had been Leaf in game one and two in Boston the Leafs would have won?
He could have absolutely changed those two losses in Boston.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The Leafs are going to continue to develop their guys and maybe add via free agency.
People need to take a step back and realize that the Leafs window just cracked open. No need to rush into something unnecessary.

Reactions: BM14 and Dzonna

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
yep wait for FA. If doughty gets there make a pitch and cross your fingers. Trading for him even with only 1 year left costs way more than OP and we shouldnt do that we arent a team that should be going all in for 1 season with doughty.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Totally disagree with Leafs fans here. They should absolutely make that deal unless Doughty says he would never sign in Toronto. Instant true elite Cup contenders.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1st
Zaitsev
Brown
Nylander

for

Doughty (re-signed)

Not sure what I could see reasonably being added on to that, at some point we're getting bent over.

I'm not saying value is wrong. But, you've traded away two RW, when our RW depth isn't great.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
He could have absolutely changed those two losses in Boston.

Really? Like he has changed the two games he has played against Vegas this year? Or that the Kings have missed the playoffs last year. This obsession Leaf fans with Doughty or any Dman that happens to shoot right handed and that the one player is going to lead them to the Cup is non factual and really just delusional.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
Wait really? I would do this in an instant (regarding OP).

That's the technical value of 2 firsts a 2nd and a 3rd for Drew Doughty. Without giving up a roster player either. You realize Travis Hamonic got a 1st and 2 2nds right? I would drive the players and draft picks to the airport if that's all it took for Drew. We could always negotiate a re-signing especially here in Toronto.

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Really? Like he has changed the two games he has played against Vegas this year? Or that the Kings have missed the playoffs last year. This obsession Leaf fans with Doughty or any Dman that happens to shoot right handed and that the one player is going to lead them to the Cup is non factual and really just delusional.

You watch those games? Kings couldn’t score.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Nope

I'm strongly against trading top prospects / 1st rounders too. But Liljegren really shouldn't be described as a guy who could be the next Karlsson. He'd have to substantially exceed both his draft expectations, and his current trajectory based on this past season, to become a Karlsson type of player.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
You watch those games? Kings couldn’t score.

So? Doughty is still part of the team. But somehow fans believe having Doughty on the Leafs is going to transform the Leafs into Cup Finalists and at what cost. Can't the Leafs just wait a year an trying to acquire a player as a UFA?
This Doughty and really any RHD coming to the Leafs which so many fans believe can instantly lead the Leafs to the Cup, is really so delusional.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Wait really? I would do this in an instant (regarding OP).

That's the technical value of 2 firsts a 2nd and a 3rd for Drew Doughty. Without giving up a roster player either. You realize Travis Hamonic got a 1st and 2 2nds right? I would drive the players and draft picks to the airport if that's all it took for Drew. We could always negotiate a re-signing especially here in Toronto.

Yep and we see how well that turned for Calgary. Maybe that's an argument not to make the trade. And yea you can always negotiate a resigning, so? Doughty doesn't have to sign. Just go back to home in LA with a stonger LA team.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
1st
Zaitsev
Brown
Nylander

for

Doughty (re-signed)

Ugh. I'd honestly rather trade Nylander for Hamilton straight up than add more assets for Doughty who will cost way too much as a package even though they're dumping Zaitsev in the deal.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

This shows your just typing BS and didn’t watch the Kings series. The problem LA had was offense could not score. Are defense is top 5 each year and Doughty is a HUGE reason why. He is miles better than anything Toronto has and that’s why some leaf fans are dieing to get him. Any smart hockey fan of any team would die to have a guy like Drew on their team. Hope he signs in LA so no other fan base gets the joy of watching him daily on their team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->