Dorion to get contract extension as per Bruce Garrioch

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Intentionally obtuse.

The fans took a wait and see approach based on Melnyk's long history of lying about spending to improve the product and push us over the top.

Eugene pocketed the playoff revenue and rewarded the fans with Oduya and Thompson...

The prosecution rests.
I am as obtuse as you are not credible. You joined October 3, 2017 for crying out loud. You only joined because of your hate for Melnyk. You posts are solely attributable to Melnyk being a POS. All your likes are basically haters who agree with you. You must have suffered in silence watching the team's never say die play, comeback after comeback, for the third time in 20 years. No other Canadian team has been to three conference finals in the last 20 years, against big budget teams no less.

Yes, I am a fan of the Senators, through thick and thin. Crap year, but we will be back.

Last edited:
Reactions: CTC and Silencio

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Coladin is Melnyk's wet dream when it comes to PR. Maybe he works for that new firm he hired? Because Melnyk obviously thinks that shaming us into attending is the best approach.

Other teams feel like they need to earn the fanbase's trust, but this is not a philosophy Uncle Euge subscribes to.
I don't think he's a plant by the pr firm. He's been around way longer defending every move the team makes all the way to the basement.

I think its just an individual who doesn't have much and finds self worth in his fandom. When we attack the team, he takes it as a personal attack and lashes out. Most of us instead have loved ones, other hobbies, careers etc that define us rather than cheering for a certain sports business but some don't so everything their team does has to be a positive or else their world unravels. That's why everyone who disagrees "isn't a real fan". Cause if we're not real fans than it can't diminish the self worth one derives from their fandom.

Reactions: Sensung

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Man, it makes so much sense to have a team policy where player agents submit lists for every single player. You make gathering the information yearly policy for every player, and all of a sudden the whole thing loses it's teeth and is no longer and issue, ever.

I think this is an example of a learning bump for PD, a seemingly innocent gathering of information just in case, was of course leaked and turned into a blunder.

We all have a few of these under our belts no doubt, but a simple team wide policy change would forever solve this issue.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
I have a hard time believing that. Is Hrudy saying that if PD hadn't asked for the EK's list, the slump would have ended sooner? At the time, we were told it was only EK that was asked. We were told that he already had every other one.

And to say at that time, it wasn't that bad is false as well. At that time it was "They need to sweep Columbus and Boston over the next two weeks." Very, very slim chance.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hrudy is an intolerable, sensationalizing windbag. He subscribes to the Skip Bayless school of journalism - yell a lot, make everything the biggest travesty of the universe, and always editorialized everything as "human interest" stories.

I never listened to a word he said when he was whining about teams I didn't care about, I certainly am not going to start listening now that he's going after the low-hanging fruit that is the 2017-18 Otawa Senators.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I don't envy Dorion when he has to deal with both Karlsson and Duchene's contracts. If it goes wrong, that's obscene talent that we'll lose

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I find that criticism ridiculous. Hrudey is grasping at straws imo. Dorion deserves plenty of criticism but not for something like this.
Agreed.

Completely pointless as we had already been extremely bad for a month (hence asking for lists).

That was a reaction to being so bad, not a contributing factor.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't think he's a plant by the pr firm. He's been around way longer defending every move the team makes all the way to the basement.

I think its just an individual who doesn't have much and finds self worth in his fandom. When we attack the team, he takes it as a personal attack and lashes out. Most of us instead have loved ones, other hobbies, careers etc that define us rather than cheering for a certain sports business but some don't so everything their team does has to be a positive or else their world unravels. That's why everyone who disagrees "isn't a real fan". Cause if we're not real fans than it can't diminish the self worth one derives from their fandom.

You wish you could be me, a bet you that! On a serious note, your personal attacks on who you may think I am , only serves to lower yourself to everyone who reads what you wrote. Be proud. If that isn't "basement" material, I don't know what is!

I attack fans who don't go to the games for weak reasons. I think the team deserves better than to hear from fans that lack commitment and loyalty. Attack the team all you want. Hell, there is a lot I don't like on this team, including - Ta-DAH!- the owner.

The real fans can criticize the team, loudly and clearly. Why, I have even been known to boo at the games! True story! But they do not abandon the team. A lot of people have here and that is sad. You and all the other apologists here were embarrassed by the national media pointing out the empty seats, and you came up with every excuse in the book. Excuses are for losers.

Reactions: Newgates59

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I went to the Preds game.

I had fun.

I hate what this team has become and I blame Melnyk.

We also went out of our way to park for free and walk in, so.. yeah. I guess it's dissonance. I don't care.

It's a sports team, so im gonna put a little emotion into, a little money into it, but they don't really matter in the grand scheme of life.

Reactions: coladin

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It'll take more than a season and a half for me to decide that Pierre is a good or bad GM, one way or the other.

He's done some good things, he's done some bad things. He's just in his 2nd year as a GM here as we all know. We'll have a much better picture by the end of next year.

I personally would have extended him 2 years instead of 3, but I'm guessing he doesn't make much so if ever he is fired before his K is over it won't be catastrophic.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I guess we're allowing Dorion to make all of his rookie GM mistakes with us

Fantastic

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Imagine if Boucher was his boss... He would be just starting to be allowed on the phone at this point

Imagine Boucher was allowed a lot of influence on roster decisions and wanted us to sign a bunch or 4th line plugs to multi years deals. He could even play them over far superior young players

Man...That would be something

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad