Status
Not open for further replies.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:nhl

2017-18 NHL Fantasy Dynasty League
Discussion Thread

[FIELDSET="Links"][/FIELDSET]

This is a brand new league that I am setting up to replace LT's game last year.

I plan to cap this league at 20 teams in order to accommodate my plans for the upcoming seasons. The intention of this game is to construct a 23-man roster and run with it. I hope that roster moves will be done mainly during the off-season and any in-season moves will be due to players on slumps, players sent down sent down, or players injured. (In other words, this league will NOT require you to be crazy active throughout the season)​

[FIELDSET="Game Rules & Information"]
[FIELDSET="Commissioner & Important Personnel"]
Commissionner - donut
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Game Schedule"]
2017 Off-season
  • Date TBA - 36-round "Original Draft"
  • Date TBA - *Quick* 6-round 2017 NHL Entry Draft

2018 Off-season
  • Date TBD - 6-round 2018 NHL Entry Draft
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="General Game Rules"]
  • The Salary Cap will be set at $85M for the 2017-18 season (teams can be 10% over cap during the off-season)
  • The cap-floor will be $55.4M
  • The salary cap will be calculated by AAVs (cap-hit + bonuses) via www.capfriendly.com
  • Each team will have an active 23-man roster. The rest of the club will be part of your farm team, will NOT affect your points total, and will be managed offline. Teams will be allowed to call-up and call-down players throughout the season
  • Teams may have a maximum of 50 contracts/rights-owned at any given time.
  • All NTC/NMC will be ignored until the conclusion of the draft. After the draft concludes, NTC/NMC will be in full effect
  • All undrafted players will enter free agency
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Fantasy Draft Rules"]
  • The Fantasy Draft will consist of 36 rounds.

[*] Of the 23 active players, maximum 15 forwards, 8 defenders, and 2 goalies
  • The draft clock will run from 9AM-12AM PST (12PM-3AM EST). During this time you will have an allotted time frame to make your selection
  • GMs are expected to PM the commissioner(me) a proxy list if they think they will not be here at the time of their pick. Proxy list are encouraged regardless, just in-case something comes up and you can't make your pick in time. (Proxy list will not be opened until your pick).
  • If you miss your pick and fail to provide a list, this will constitute as a strike. After three strikes the respective GMs clock will be 30 minutes for the remained of the draft
  • If you have a skipped pick, you will be auto-skipped until you make up your previous selection
  • GMs who fail to make their selection within their allotted time frame, they will be skipped
  • If you pick an already selected player, you will be given a 5 minute grace period to reselect before you are auto-skipped
  • Please take ten seconds of your time to PM the next GM and let them know they they are up.

[*] Round 1: 4 hours/pick
    [*] Round 2 - 6: 3 hours/pick
    [*] Round 7 - 23: 2 hours/pick
    [*] Round 24 - 36: 1 hour/pick

• Because the hockey pool doesn't officially start until the actual season, there is no rush to go any less than 1 hour for picks
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="2017 Entry Draft"]
  • The NHL Entry Draft will consist of 6-rounds (snake format)
  • The entry draft order will be reverse of the Main Draft order
  • The entry draft will begin AFTER Round 12 of the Main Draft
  • The clock for the entry draft will be 3 hours for Round 1-3 and 2 hours for Round 4-6
  • If a GM fails to make their pick within 24 hours of being skipped, they will be autoed the BPA based off of real draft
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Trades"]
  • Trading is obviously a big part of the game and will be allowed throughout the drafts and season
  • All trades must be sent in to the Commissioner before being posted
  • Trades will not be official until both GMs send the deal in via discord or HF
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Playoffs/League Champion"]
  • The President Trophy will be award to the team with the most points at the end of the regular season
  • The top 8 teams will make the Stanley Cup Playoffs (based on IRL playoffs)
  • Each round will be H-2-H with the same format as the NHL Playoffs (1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5)
  • The Stanley Cup Champion will be crowned at the conclusion of the playoffs
  • The playoffs will follow the same scoring format as the regular season EXCEPT goalie wins are only worth 2 points
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Pool Points System"]

Forwards/Defence
Goal: 1 points
Assist: 1 points
SH Point: 1 points
PIM: 0.2 points per minute
Hattrick: 2 points
SO Winning Goal: 1 point

Goaltenders
Win: 2.5 points
OTL: 1 points
SO: 2 points
Goal: 10 points
Assist: 5 points
PIM: 0.2 point per minute
[/FIELDSET]
[/FIELDSET]

General Managers

I will be using pickuphockey.com to run the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: hi

donut

Sep 5, 2012

I'm happy to announce that we have 20 active GMs onboard for this team!

Along with the good news, I would like to announce the draft order for the game. Attached in this post is a screenshot to the randomizer I used to determine the draft order.

Once all the remaining teams PM/notify me their NHL club, I will post and open up the draft thread for this game to officially start! The clock will not start until Monday, August 14th, but teams are free to make their selections if they are on the clock.

I'm looking forward in having a fun draft and exciting NHL season!

Thanks,
donut

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
donut's Fantasy Dynasty League - Draft Thread (Clock starts Monday @9AM PST)

ARZ selects McDavid with #1 pick

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Quick note,

Though I have a Roster Thread posted, it will most likely be temporary. I am slowly working on a roster thread either on Google Docs or Google Sheets. Just busy with life and stuff so I'm a bit behind with setting that up.

UPDATE: and on the PM I sent, I meant AUGUST 14th!

Last edited:

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Good news, wasint will replace Joey Moss and be the :blues

He will take over the "TBA" spot on the draft board

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
I select Antti Niemi

4tSJpOQ.jpg

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
Happy to have gotten Holtby and Talbot back-to-back.

Considering a 30-35 goalie is worth roughly the equivalent of a 75-90 point forward (and they both had 40+ wins), I'm surprised more goalies haven't been taken yet.

donut

Sep 5, 2012

Clock is off!

Solid first day of drafting everyone! Seems like a solid group of GMs who are very active.

As of now, VanIslander is up next but the clock is off so he can pick whenever he comes online.

I'm planning to change the clock, starting tomorrow, to END at 12AM PST (midnight pacific time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad