WWE: Don't hold your breath on a Cesaro push - he's in the doghouse

Oct 18, 2011
Corporate wrestling sucks, remember how big of a dick hbk was? Vince still pushed him because of how good he was.

Now if you rub some dork writer the wrong way you have heat and are banished to superstars

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer said that Adam Rose came out and said Cesaro must be at the lowest point in his career since Cesaro is wrestling him on Superstars. Yes, this actually happened. Also, they appear to have broken Cesaro's fan base

Regarding Cesaro, they appear to have broken his fan base. While “Cesaro section” signs were in Boston, there were very few of them. He still gets good reactions, but it’s definitely way down from a month ago.

Bravo, WWE. Bravo.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I love how two of the top threads on this board right now are "WWE wants to bring back part timers for ratings" and "WWE refuses to pushes Cesaro because of politics and other ********".

Vince can go eat a fat one.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Punk was right.

This company (and, by extension, the product we get to see) will suffer until Vince finally croaks. He's clearly lost his touch with what his fans, us, the people who helped make him a tycoon, are interested in watching.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Only reason he lost to Big Show is so they could hype Lesnar vs Show. Not too worried

Do you not see a problem with that in 2015? lol.

And no... he's been held off shows and relegated to Superstars for the past couple of weeks. He can't even get TV time on Smackdown.

S A W F T*

Curious... how much does a guy like Cesaro get paid by WWE? At what point do you tell Vince to **** off and just go elsewhere.?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Curious... how much does a guy like Cesaro get paid by WWE? At what point do you tell Vince to **** off and just go elsewhere.?

I'm sure it's a decent figure but I doubt they save a whole lot after taxes and road expenses among many other things.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

A guy like Cesaro would probably be making somewhere between $250k-$450k as a downside guarantee. Of course, I have no proof for that number and am just speculating based off previous salary numbers that have been out there in the past.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I think this has happened enough now to when anybody's push gets killed in the future for no apparent reason, we can say they've been Cesaro'd.

Oct 18, 2011
**** like this is what keeps pushing fans away. 10 years ago the ratings were almost twice as high

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Such is the fate of the likes of Ziggler, Ryder, BnB, Sandow, etc.

Ryder was never going to be huge. As soon as he started getting exposure he became lame. His entire popularity was based on being underutilized.They pushed him as one of the top 3 or 4 guys in the company and it was annoying.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ryder is the only recent push that was stopped that I agree with he. He became stale so, so fast, imo.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
guys making mid 6 figures aren't sweating road expenses, it's not that much and it's all written off

Well, I mean, these guys are on the road 300 days a year and have to pay for their own hotel room unless it's an overseas tour and their own rental cars when they're in North America, not to mention only getting meals at catering that they don't have to pay for.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Punk was right.

This company (and, by extension, the product we get to see) will suffer until Vince finally croaks. He's clearly lost his touch with what his fans, us, the people who helped make him a tycoon, are interested in watching.

That's... not what Punk said.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
guys making mid 6 figures aren't sweating road expenses, it's not that much and it's all written off

For 300 nights a year, yeah it's a lot and they can't write all of it off. There's a reason why they pool together often and if all of it could be written off, more of them would solo it up.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well, paraphrasing a touch, obviously, but.....yes it was?

Right around the 5:30 mark. :)

He sort of did. He just said Triple H and Stephanie won't make it any better, but I think people are less skeptical of them (at least less so of Hunter) than they were back then.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Has there been anything stating what put Cesaro in the doghouse ?
Or is it just because he's really damn good, and they don't like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->