Don't Hate the Drake: Drake Batherson selected in 4th round (121)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I had never seen him play in junior but he was one of the most noticeable players all throughout rookie camp in the summer. I think he's got NHL player written all over him.

I think we should call him “Tattoo”.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I think this is just a reminder that we need to calm down and realize the scouts know more than whatever we read of the internet or see on YouTube.
In retrospect our scouting has not been that special. And I believe I alone or others could have done as well or better.
I base this on the history of my picks vs theirs. As well as Ottawa vs other teams.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Can he play for the Sens this year.? He has the same amount of goals in that tournament than Duchene has all year!

Reactions: bert

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Credit Trent Mann and his staff, great pick. It’s like he got two 1st round picks with Batherson and Formenton

Back to back WJC with Ottawa sending the best prospects to the tournament.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Credit Trent Mann and his staff, great pick. It’s like he got two 1st round picks with Batherson and Formenton

Back to back WJC with Ottawa sending the best prospects to the tournament.

Thats awesome- we all know what Dorion can do with two 1st round picks... The winning recipe is 2 x 1st rounders + 1B center = a different 1B center

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
In retrospect our scouting has not been that special. And I believe I alone or others could have done as well or better.
I base this on the history of my picks vs theirs. As well as Ottawa vs other teams.

This sounds like a fun game. I’m going to start keeping a spreadsheet of who I would take instead of the Sens pick and see how it turns out ten years later. This is me with like zero live scouting knowledge and in the later rounds Probably picking random people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad