Don't buy the negotiation spread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Do not buy the spread mentioned in the recent Daly article.
Good to see that the AP noticed similar things that I posted in some threads yesterday[Kitchen ext/Fraser hiring etc] in their "NHLers already preparing for peace time" article. This lockout is almost, if not already, over with. I don't believe the "we still have alot to do" arguement being released now one bit.
Not because I'm hoping or an optimist, rather by recent actions involving the NHL, NHLPA, their leadership, club administrators and the players themselves.
We have seen a change in tone from both parties involved in the discussions, working together for long hours, with no immature bashing and direct attacks. We have seen GM hirings/firings, coaching changes/extensions/hirings, a surge in the amount of NHL administrative and marketing job postings, players coming out saying there is deal/close/glad to have a cap and now starting their personal fitness routines and practices. Finally, GM's are beginning to evaluate and discuss possible transactions resulting from this cap. Lawyers never discuss their plans, unless it is a given and to me if things were bad as they have been, we would be hearing alot of "no comments" right now or they wouldn't be on radio shows either.
In final, we as fans have been frustrated by what has been before, almost come to, reported as almost concluded by media....Too which both the players and owners took a huge hit publically and financially. What we are seeing today is totally different, the media has been hush/leftout/speculating while the owners and players have been coming out saying it almost over. Can we trust the players and owners?? I say indeed so, afterall they cannot afford to lose another season, to which this sport will die. They know if that is the case, they have no publicity, no fans, no income and most of all, no product. That won't happen.

Large_Farva*

I don't know what to think. All I know is that there will be NHL hockey next season and this off-season will be the most exciting of all time.

Grandpabuzz

Oct 13, 2003
Dallas, Texas
Large_Farva said:
I don't know what to think. All I know is that there will be NHL hockey next season and this off-season will be the most exciting of all time.

Ahh all those transactions and the draft will keep me entertained until the season starts. So much speculation will take place it will be crazy but fun at the same time.

Doc Hollywood

Feb 1, 2004
I am optimistic for a News Conference to be held this Wednesday ( Just a Guess). The Sens announced today A huge Hiring frienzy to begin on July 7th I believe. There are a huge amount of jobs for every department from Marketing to parking. Soon it will be the end of the lockout. ;)

FULL TIME POSITIONS

Administration
Executive Administrative Position
Human Resource Assistant
Receptionist
Call Centre
Call Centre Manager
Communications
Administrative Assistant
Editorial Content Coordinator
Media Relations
Events
Event Development Manager
Finance Department
Accounting Manager (CA, CGA, CMA)
Accounts Payable Assistant
Financial Analyst - Ticket Reporting
Staff Accountant - Ticket Collections
Payroll Assistant
Marketing Department
Database Manager
Fan & Community Development Coordinator (Minor Hockey)
Marketing Coordinator
Promotions Coordinator
Graphic Designer
Sales Department
Account Managers - Category Sales
Inside Sales Representative

PART TIME POSITIONS

Bell Sensplex
Concession Cashiers
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen- Dishwasher
Kitchen - Line & Prep Cook
Program Staff
Restaurant Staff
Restaurant - Bartender
Restaurant - Busperson
Restaurant - Server
Retail Associate / Skate Sharpener
Tournament Staff
Box Office
Ticket Sellers
Call Centre
Call Centre Operators
Food and Beverage
Buspersons
Certified Bartenders
Concession Cashiers
Concession Cooks
Money Room Personnel
Runners
Servers
Guest Services
Security
Usher / Ticket Takers
Parking
Cashier
Lot Attendant
Valet Drivers
Premium Seating
Concierge
Suite Catering
Ticket Representatives
Retail
Retail Associate
In-Stand Sales
Game Day Sales
Sales Department
Outbound Sales Representative

Last edited:

Spungo*

It's not getting signed untill late August or September at the very earliest with a January start of the season being more realistic. Bank on it.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Spungo said:
It's not getting signed untill late August or September at the very earliest with a January start of the season being more realistic. Bank on it.

Wanna bet your user title on that?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
NHLPA STATEMENT FOLLOWING FRIDAY'S MEETING

TORONTO (June 24, 2005): At the conclusion of Friday’s meeting in Toronto, National Hockey League Players' Association Senior Director Ted Saskin released the following statement:

“The two parties engaged in lengthy negotiations everyday this week, and while progress has been made in a number of areas, there remains a considerable amount of work to be completed in order to reach an agreement. We will be continuing our meetings with the league on Monday morning in New York.â€

Large_Farva*

Spungo said:

Dude, No.

Tell us where you are finding this "information" from.

Last edited by a moderator:

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
The Messenger said:
NHLPA STATEMENT FOLLOWING FRIDAY'S MEETING

TORONTO (June 24, 2005): At the conclusion of Friday’s meeting in Toronto, National Hockey League Players' Association Senior Director Ted Saskin released the following statement:

“The two parties engaged in lengthy negotiations everyday this week, and while progress has been made in a number of areas, there remains a considerable amount of work to be completed in order to reach an agreement. We will be continuing our meetings with the league on Monday morning in New York.â€

Not sure how to take this quote? By reading it, I would guess there is along way to go before a deal is finnished and a Press Conference is held.

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
You've got to figure they're getting closer and closer if teams are going out and hiring/firing coaches and GMs, announcing ticket prices, and hiring employees back. They wouldn't be doing this if they didn't think something was close. If they were laying off employees because they didn't want to spend money during the lockout and had no work for them, why would they be hiring people back if the lockout was going to last longer than this summer? Plus teams have already have angry season ticket holders from last season. I don't think they'd want to go to them again and say "hey, we're sorry about last year but please give us some more money for tickets" and then have to deal with them in September and October if the lockout was still on. They'd have a hard time keeping the trust of the fans then.

My theory, and no I don't have sources, is perhaps the players are using this weekend to vote on the deal? I don't think the league wants to go through the embarrassment of saying that they have a deal in principle and then having the players not ratify it. Both sides saying they have a meeting scheudled Monday just in case the players don't accept the deal or the deal needs to be tweaked a little after the vote.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
danaluvsthekings said:
My theory, and no I don't have sources, is perhaps the players are using this weekend to vote on the deal? I don't think the league wants to go through the embarrassment of saying that they have a deal in principle and then having the players not ratify it. Both sides saying they have a meeting scheudled Monday just in case the players don't accept the deal or the deal needs to be tweaked a little after the vote.

Now before some blogger ( ;) ) quotes you on this, take a look at Daly's quote:

"We continued to make progress this week but there are still some issues that we need to talk about," he added. "We've made significant progress on most of the critical areas but that's all contingent on everything being resolved."

They ain't done yet. Still some loose ends to tie up before ratification may begin.

Large_Farva*

Large_Farva said:

well said

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
jericholic19 said:
Now before some blogger ( ;) ) quotes you on this, take a look at Daly's quote:

"We continued to make progress this week but there are still some issues that we need to talk about," he added. "We've made significant progress on most of the critical areas but that's all contingent on everything being resolved."

They ain't done yet. Still some loose ends to tie up before ratification may begin.

That to me looks like Daly is talking about ratification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad