Don Cherry urges NHL to support possible move of Predators to Hamilton

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I generally find Cherry to be entertaining, but don't for a minute think he has any influence with the NHL brass on matters such as this.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
Yes, I'm certain the NHL will make all its business decsions with Don Cherry's advice being paramount.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
The flames should never have left atlanta in 1979-80.they were drawing fans at the old omni. they the team had bad management.

Management was fine...they had an owner who got caught with too many holdings in a bad real estate market.

The Flames drew about as well, if not better, than Winnipeg while in Atlanta.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Don Cherry wanted Hamilton chosen over Ottawa back in the 1993 expanion year. He made a big stink about how Buffalo screwed hamilton out of a franchise. He refused to blame Toronto, because well, it's Toronto; He can't blame toronto; toronto never does anything wrong.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I don't see what the problem is. I mean, of course Cherry's going to support a team moving to Hamilton, anyone should be able to see that coming a mile away. And there are pro's and cons to the move, with Cherry clearly being in area where the pro's far outweigh the cons.

It's good for Canada, great for Ontario, and incentives for the league are there. Should there be any doubt Cherry would support it?

Bobby Orr

Cherry also said:

The Canadian teams are making 40% of the revenues, and that by moving to Hamilton, it will be up to almost 50%.

He reminds me more and more of Archie Bunker with each viewing.

And strangely enough, Maclean kinda looks like Edith.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
I generally find Cherry to be entertaining, but don't for a minute think he has any influence with the NHL brass on matters such as this.
Oh heck no. If anyone think Cherry has any pull with the League, I have a bridge to sell them. :p:

This could've just been added to one of the other threads on the subject.

GSC2k2*

Given all the fishing expeditions we're seeing around here lately, the trolling technique is entirely appropriate, IMHO...
Watch it with the "fishing" references, Timmy, or Fugu will be on you like a hawk.

Last edited by a moderator:

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
People care what Don Cherry has to say?

- Never played in the NHL
- Mediocre coach
- Big mouth hick...

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
People care what Don Cherry has to say?

- Never played in the NHL
- Mediocre coach
- Big mouth hick...

-He played one game in the NHL!!!!:teach:
So is that what makes him an expert???:shakehead

-He is one of the greatest coaches in NHL history (don't believe me ask him he will tell you)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->