Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2017/2018 Playoffs Edition

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yea but how does a team give up their top pairing defenseman

Given the choice between a 31 year old veteran D man, and a 23 year D man, who was playing the second most ave TOI for the past two seasons, and was a impending RFA in another year ........ who would you have chosen to protect?

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Call it sour grapes on my part (very punny) but we just moved on to round 2 for the first time in thirty some odd years and we get talked about less than the f***ing Marlies????

Doesn't even mention us moving on. Just talked about Helle for a minute (including how he's not as good as Anderson) and then mentions how big Buff is. Nothing about winning the series. Nothing about moving on. Nothing about the crowd inside and out. Nothing about the chants. No just, hey here's 2 guys that play on the team. Literally the same screen time as the Marlies. Disappointing.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Call it sour grapes on my part (very punny) but we just moved on to round 2 for the first time in thirty some odd years and we get talked about less than the ****ing Marlies????

Doesn't even mention us moving on. Just talked about Helle for a minute (including how he's not as good as Anderson) and then mentions how big Buff is. Nothing about winning the series. Nothing about moving on. Nothing about the crowd inside and out. Nothing about the chants. No just, hey here's 2 guys that play on the team. Literally the same screen time as the Marlies. Disappointing.
Cherry is a senile old man. I can't believe that people still watch his rants.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Yeah but he always talks Canada content first and foremost so I thought we would at least get a mention.

Could you imagine a scenario where Toronto moves on to round 2, the Jets are playing on Saturday, and he starts talking about how great the Moose are? I could never see that happening.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Still better than content than listening to Kyperos talk. It's not like any Hockey fan is missing anything if they replaced Don's time with the panel. I rather listen to Don, then see them talk about how Matthews is struggling like nobody is watching the games.

MurphyDump

Dec 22, 2010
I haven’t read through this thread but if memory serves correct, didn’t Don claim that Toronto would never win in Boston? Then they do and he claims it’s because they’re loosy goosey?

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Sometimes Cherry is right, sometimes entertaining, but stating Andersen is best goalie in the world is simply wrong.

Soon there will one Canadian team he will have to focus on. Or maybe he'll pump the Marlies instead?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->