Don Cherry/Sidney Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'd just like to remind everyone here that Crosby missed one game out of the 2 games before the top prospect game. Why would he miss a regular season game if he was healthy ? Why would he miss the top prospect game if he was healthy ?

And by the way... wasn't Mario Lemieux producing big time in the playoffs with a bad back ? He couldn't even tie his skates himself but he produced big time in the NHL playoffs. Is it possible that Crosby can produce while having a bad back ? Yes, as evidenced by others doing it. (Note for the idiots : I'm not comparing Crosby to Lemieux at all here)

So in no way shape or form is the fact he produced well in the game before and after the top prospect game any kind of proof or usable argument to say that he was healthy.

If you're going to argue that he should have played even though he was banged up, then by all means, do so. But don't say he was healthy because all facts point to the contrary. And as long as you're not Crosby himself, his doctor or in his entourage it's ridiculous for you all to claim you know how healthy he was.

Sammy*

SwisshockeyAcademy said:
I am not saying he is beyond criticism, nobody is. I'm sure Don is not done with Crosby. Hopefully when Crosby is in his prime Don will be safely away from primetime and all the kids in the Q can rest easy knowing they will not have to hear anymore bigoted, selfserving comments from a man that i will acknowledge has done more good than bad, but that cannot help himself in some cases . He just cannot leave some players alone.
Oh, its a Q thing now , I get it. :shakehead :shakehead
Beyond this I am not commenting again. He has said 2 or so things about all of 2 incidents. Thats it.

bigguns

Dec 7, 2004
take a deep breath

Ok we all know that Crosby has the #1 spot all sewn up if and when there's hockey again. He's head and shoulders above all the players his own age and a large majority of the players that are older than him which he proved at WJC. What crosby also did well at the WJC besides contradicting himself about replacement players is divert attention and give credit to other players. He was quoted numerous times saying how everyone was just trying to do their jobs ect. Classy acts like this make you like the kid more, he know's he's an amazing player and he knows the world knows it and follows his every move.

I think the majority of people who were upset about him being a no show for the prospects game obviously wanted to see him play, but also were disapointed that he felt he didn't have to. It doesn't matter if he's number one it's an experience and I'm all for being there for your team but then say that. People like the truth, if he would have said that he thought his time would have been better spent trying to gind it out with his team AND nurse a lagging injury people probably would have taken it better.

Someone mentioned earlier about how they hoped the next tiem a prospect missed this game they hoped this big of deal was made of it and to that i say when was the last time a prospect missed one who was not so injured they weren't playing? It's a big deal to these kids, it's a good oppertunity to compare themselves to each other and meet with pretty much every NHL team. Crosby may be able to do that from the comfort of his own home but it doesn't look that great

We may never know whether he was injured or to what extent so analyzing that is beating a dead horse. It is unfortunate that he didn't play and to alot of people it looks like he snubbed the game, knowing his attendence wouldn't hurt his standings but that does seem a little out of character considering other statements he's made.

Finally, for all of you poking the eyes out of don cherry's picture at home i urge you to remember this is why you love the guy, he creates passion either for or against that starts these types of conversations and debates, no one can say they agree with everything he says but no one can argue they don't agree with a single thing he has said.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
bigguns said:
Finally, for all of you poking the eyes out of don cherry's picture at home i urge you to remember this is why you love the guy, he creates passion either for or against that starts these types of conversations and debates, no one can say they agree with everything he says but no one can argue they don't agree with a single thing he has said.

In all seriousness I agree...but the image of the monkeys hitting the keyboards did come to mind! :D

CH Wizard

E=CH2 said:
I'd just like to remind everyone here that Crosby missed one game out of the 2 games before the top prospect game

You're right !

I don't give a **** about Cherry comments now.

He played physically vs Ovechkin , why he'd be scare ?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
monster_bertuzzi said:
Crosby would be lucky to have a career like Shanahan has had.

With all do respect, if Crosby winds up with a "Shanahan-type" career in the NHL, it'll be viewed as a major letdown by the media and hockey observers--and justifiably so.

The irony is that people would jump all over Crosby if that's as good as it gets, so no you're "Crosby would be lucky to have a career like Shanahan has had" comment is invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad