Don Cherry & Sid Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy*

I wonder if all those anti-Cherry clowns who wet their panties every time he critisizes some Euro & who also say he would never critisize a guy like Crosby saw coaches corner tonight.
It goes to show you, that he does crticize virtually anyone when he doesnt like their behaviour.
BTW, I disagree with what he said but I get his point.
For those of you who didnt see it, he didnt like Crosby's hotdog goal when the score was 5-0 or something.

Sammy*

ax²+bx+c said:
Sure, Crosby is in the Q and his favorite team is the Habs....
Give me strength. He likes Crosby & the guy is from atlantic Canada, which he really likes..

SopelFan*

Crosby is a showboater. He better get a Semenko in the NHL.

hardcore_fan

Apr 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
SopelFan said:
Crosby is a showboater. He better get a Semenko in the NHL.
He's a high-spirited 16-year-old kid who happens to be the best player in a league of 19- and 20-year-olds. That goal was the highlight of the game and old man Cherry can just STFU.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Apparently Crosby isn't the only one who needs to learn about showboating and showing up an opponent when you already have them well beaten.

As Cherry said, the kid will get his head handed to him and the lesson will be learned. All part of growing up and getting to the NHL, which he most certainly will.

Great talent does not excuse lack of respect, class and/or brains.

Last edited:

Sammy*

Trottier said:
Apparently Crosby isn't the only one who needs to learn about showboating and showing up an opponent when you already have them well beaten.

As Cherry said, the kid will get his head handed to him and the lesson will be learned. All part of growing up and getting to the NHL, which he most certainly will.

Great talent does not excuse lack of respect, class and/or brains.
All that being said, it was a great goal. If it was Kovalchuk who did it & Chery said the same thing, the rage woulkd be indescribable by the Kovy lovers/apologists.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Sammy said:
All that being said, it was a great goal. If it was Kovalchuk who did it & Chery said the same thing, the rage woulkd be indescribable by the Kovy lovers/apologists.

No doubt it was a highlight goal, and your original point about Cherry is well-taken. And, Crosby is just a kid. As I said, he will learn, or more accurately, as Cherry inferred, a clear "message" will likely be provided to him in the near-future.

As for Kovo doing that move: if anyone dared try that in the NHL, they likely would be refined to a wheelchair for life.

Sammy*

hardcore_fan said:
He's a high-spirited 16-year-old kid who happens to be the best player in a league of 19- and 20-year-olds. That goal was the highlight of the game and old man Cherry can just STFU.
And here we go.
None of the "icons" of the game can be ever critisized, or their leigons will attack in full force.

NJ_Devil_Boy

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
chris_dub said:
If you've got the skill, why not show it off :dunno:

Point taken, but it was 5-0. I don't know a thing about these two team, but I read (above) they are rivals. At that point, it's more like "rubbing it in" than a showcase of skill IMO.

Sammy*

Trottier said:
No doubt it was a highlight goal, and your original point about Cherry is well-taken. And, Crosby is just a kid. As I said, he will learn, or more accurately, as Cherry inferred, a clear "message" will likely be provided to him in the near-future.

As for Kovo doing that move: if anyone dared try that in the NHL, they likely would be refined to a wheelchair for life.
To be honest, I get Cherrys point but kinda disagree. Its alot easier trying that "trick" in a laugher than it is in a tight game.
My point isnt that Cherry was right or wrong. My point is that his point does have some merit but if he had said it about any Euro,those who have blinders on about Cherry or the player they love would be in a rage.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
I think the point the original poster was trying to make is that he will critisise anyone who he feels isn't doing the right thing. He did it to Kovalchuk and he's doing it to Crosby.

Sammy*

Douggy said:
I think the point the original poster was trying to make is that he will critisise anyone who he feels isn't doing the right thing. He did it to Kovalchuk and he's doing it to Crosby.
Exactly.
And he is right & makes good points alot of the time & is rarely out in left field.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CrosbyIsGod said:
it was 4-0... and Cherry should come see Crosby play... and Crosby wouldn't have made that if it was 1-0....

That is Cherry's point. Crosby did it to rub it in.

I dont agree with Cherry, i am just stating what Cherry meant.

PredsFan77*

CrosbyIsGod said:
it was 4-0... and Cherry should come see Crosby play... and Crosby wouldn't have made that if it was 1-0....

sure he would, he's "god"

Bud The Spud*

I don't know why people care about goal celebrations. I guess some people say it is classless, but just let the guys celebrate.

Sammy*

Scarface said:
Cherry is a bastard, he brags about anything out of Ontario, he does criticize european players MORE than any north american players, everyone knows this, its a fact.

I felt bad for Cherry when he lost his wife, but i still hate his guts, he's such a loud mouthed prick, i wish cbc would bring in someone new that actually has hockey sense and isn't biased as much as Don.
\
You are truly pathetic & have no clue.

SopelFan*

Scarface said:
Cherry is a bastard, he brags about anything out of Ontario, he does criticize european players MORE than any north american players, everyone knows this, its a fact.

I felt bad for Cherry when he lost his wife, but i still hate his guts, he's such a loud mouthed prick, i wish cbc would bring in someone new that actually has hockey sense and isn't biased as much as Don.
They won't. Coaches' Corner is extremely popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad