Don Cherry says . . . Adam Graves says . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Donnie D said:
That's right, the NFL is proof that you can't accurately determine the revenues that would be used in computing the cap. My mistake, the NFL and, for that matter, the NBA have been doing it without a problem for a number of years.

Never mind

EXACTLY!

So only in the NHL (and MLB) can figures not be agreed upon? Only in these two sports can an accounting process/authority not be agreed upon?

Yet it can be done (and is done) in the NBA and NFL?

Defies logic that the two sides cannot come to agreement on this. Unless, they simply do not wish to.

A Good Flying Bird*

Trottier said:
EXACTLY!

So only in the NHL (and MLB) can figures not be agreed upon? Only in these two sports can an accounting process/authority not be agreed upon?

Yet it can be done (and is done) in the NBA and NFL?

Defies logic that the two sides cannot come to agreement on this. Unless, they simply do not wish to.

I agree that players don't trust the owners to account for their revenues. But that speaks more to trust than it does to issues of accounting.
Of course the league and the PA could come an agreement on accounting issues and it could be done by third parties (perhaps).
But the issue is this: The players don't want salaries artificially by the proposed cost-certainty salary cap.

Over the past decade, NHL players have joined players in the other leagues when it comes to salaries.
The owners proposal is going to knock them down about 30 percent (Notice that benefits are included in cost-certainty).
Good money for the average joe.
Good money for hockey players, historically.
But not good money if you're the one giving up the money you bargained for based on your work.

That's the issue here, regardless of what players might say. The other stuff is all peripheral.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
PecaFan said:
There's no "question" there. Previously, the union agreed to get 65% of X, now they simply want 65% of Y.

You make it sound like they suddenly realised <soylent>"Oh my God! Parking is REVENUE!</soylent>

:lol :lol: :joker:

mmmmmmmmmmmm Soylent Green

I.am.ca

Puck said:
After Enron, I would think the word 'crooks' would be considered a compliment.

Brian Burke's mouth is just flapping to keep himself in the limelight. He needs a job. Too bad he's not still the Canucks' GM right now. He'd have to shut-up and quit polluting the noosphere.

Brian Burke works for TSN, he has a job. So if he has a job, then why would he be looking for a job when he's already employed. You kinda put the proverbial foot in your mouth didn't you.

Fact is, the NHL went and got a legit accountant to check the financial situation of the NHL and saw that yeah its in shambles and that it needs to be fixed now or the crack will just get bigger and bigger till its a huge gaping hole.

All the PRO NHLPA people seem to be very arrogent people, just like Goodenow, you refuse to see the mess that the big contracts have caused. The NHLPA is a joke, they call people scabs then go over to europe to play and take jobs away from european hockey players and turn into scabs themselves to the european hockey players.

The hell with the Union, Goodenow can eat a heaping pile of sh-t for all i care. Out of the two leaders, Goodenow will be gone for sure as he's been back peddling since the whole mess has started, he's the one sounding like a child and like a fool. I don't even know how the hell the players even follow him, he's soo damn stupid.

Donnie D

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
[/COLOR]

Except now what is revenue in the NFL is coming into question again. See:
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3161910

[/QUOTE]

You missed the entire point. What was said in the earlier post was that the NHL and players could not identify revenues. Nonsense. The NFL and the players were able to negotiate the types of revenues that would be included when determining the salary cap and are able to independently verify that all of those revenues are being included in the calculation.

The NFL players are now asking that other types of revenues also be included. It may be that in return for including additional types of revenues that they will settle on a smaller percentage. That's what negotiations is all about. Something the NHL players association is missing.

Puck

Ninja
Jun 10, 2003
Ottawa
I.am.ca said:
Brian Burke works for TSN, he has a job. So if he has a job, then why would he be looking for a job when he's already employed.......

.....The hell with the Union, Goodenow can eat a heaping pile of sh-t for all i care. Out of the two leaders, Goodenow will be gone for sure as he's been back peddling since the whole mess has started, he's the one sounding like a child and like a fool. I don't even know how the hell the players even follow him, he's soo damn stupid.

Brian. Burke. is. searching. for. a. real. job. in. the. NHL. paying. millions.$. he. doesn't. want. the. players. to. get. At. TSN. that's. not. a. real. job. that's. a. part-time. gig.

The. NHLPA. will. be. there. long. after. you. and. I. are. gone.

Unions. are. legal....get. used. to. it.

two out of three*

Puck said:
Brian. Burke. is. searching. for. a. real. job. in. the. NHL. paying. millions.$. he. doesn't. want. the. players. to. get. At. TSN. that's. not. a. real. job. that's. a. part-time. gig.

The. NHLPA. will. be. there. long. after. you. and. I. are. gone.

Unions. are. legal....get. used. to. it.

. . ....

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
Who can seriously believe that the well-respected former head of the SEC leading a high-profile audit is going to cook the books? That's ludicrous and paranoid. That's why the NHLPA won't hire a CPA firm to audit the NHL's books. It achieves nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad