Dominic Moore needs to be talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
This kid is playing lights out so far for the Rangers.

Does EVERYTHING right. Backchecks, great defense, and he tied the game up with 3 seconds left with a beauty of a goal.

Discuss Dominic Moore.

Also: Petr Prucha scored in the shootout to win the game for the Rangers. Again.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
That move he pullled on the habs was ceratinly unexpected. From a Ranger's POV, what's his upside within the team? Is he a top 6 player?

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
This kid is playing lights out so far for the Rangers.

Does EVERYTHING right. Backchecks, great defense, and he tied the game up with 3 seconds left with a beauty of a goal.

Discuss Dominic Moore.

Also: Petr Prucha scored in the shootout to win the game for the Rangers. Again.
absolutely unbelievable. to top it all off, the slew foot too by Jagr but the chances we had, NO excuses. im going to go jump off a bridge now, later.

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
Leachmeister2000 said:
That move he pullled on the habs was ceratinly unexpected. From a Ranger's POV, what's his upside within the team? Is he a top 6 player?

Honestly we aren't sure, but watching him play is so fun. I think if given more time he might develop into a true scoring forward, but that's a big question mark at this point. He's a solid role player right now who is improving.

Diehardfan419

Jul 24, 2005
Branchburg, NJ
To me, he reminds me of a John Madden-type player. I dont think he'll be a top scoring line forward, but the guy skates like the wind, is tough, hustles his butt off, and has a real nice scoring touch. John Davidson has already said the Rangers might be looking at their future captain down the road. He's 25 years old right now and seems to be getting better each week. :clap:

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
if he can put on some muscle, he can be a top 6 foward. (lower 6, 2nd line center..)

IMO its that simple, he has the talent and tools, hes just knocked off the puck too easily.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
relax

hes a nice prospect/player will never get hype because of his age and what he lacks

good prospect yes but doesn't need to be talked about, he was very lucky on his goal tonight

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Diehardfan419 said:
To me, he reminds me of a John Madden-type player. I dont think he'll be a top scoring line forward, but the guy skates like the wind, is tough, hustles his butt off, and has a real nice scoring touch. John Davidson has already said the Rangers might be looking at their future captain down the road. He's 25 years old right now and seems to be getting better each week. :clap:

I was actually thinking of starting a topic called Dominic Moore = "The Next John Madden?"

The Rangers have some great young players who seem to play with great defensive responisibilty in Moore and Jed Ortmeyer.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I've seen a few Rangers games this year and have been extremely impressed with Moore, though I didn't see the game in question. I definitely agree with the "bulk up" sentiments, but this is not as important in "myNHL!!!!1". He's definitely shot up the depth chart, but he's nowhere near the point where he's going to be taking ice-time away from Steve Rucchin and Mikael Nylander.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
in the hall said:
relax

hes a nice prospect/player will never get hype because of his age and what he lacks

good prospect yes but doesn't need to be talked about, he was very lucky on his goal tonight

He really does. Every play he makes is extremely heads up and smart. The kid is like a brainiac on the ice. I guess going to Harvard would say something about that, haha.

He's also an underrated leader and one day will either wear an A or C, IMO.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Leachmeister2000 said:

It's possible. Thing is, like York, who knows if he can handle that role for an entire season and not experience fatigue? They need to bring him into a spot top 6 role slowly and hope he can handle it.

If he can't, then he also has his niche as a great 3rd liner who will definately chip in points during the year.

Transported Upstater

Jon Prescription said:
He really does. Every play he makes is extremely heads up and smart. The kid is like a brainiac on the ice. I guess going to Harvard would say something about that, haha.

He's also an underrated leader and one day will either wear an A or C, IMO.

Boo for Harvard!!! :p: :D

(Cornell graduate)

NYRGoalieGlut*

PanthersRule said:
absolutely unbelievable. to top it all off, the slew foot too by Jagr but the chances we had, NO excuses. im going to go jump off a bridge now, later.

I don't want to change the topic. But no excuses is right. First of all you should never allow a goal with 3 seconds left, second, if Bouwmeester didn't have a brain fart the Panthers would've won, and third the refs were equally brutal for both teams. 2 blatant Prucha trips (one was like 6 feet from the ref) and also a penalty called on Nylander for goalie interference when he was blatantly pushed. But I don't want to get into this.

Oh and Moore is playing well, a very good role player to have. I really like Prucha too, he won us two games in the shootout, this game and the Devils game.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
2 goals for moore tonight...one defleced off him in front, but the second was a beauty breakaway goal

if he was just a little bigger...he really does have some nice hands, good skating, and pretty good scoring instincts. not skilled enough to be a bigtime point getter or anything but some of the plays you see himi make, you think he could be a 50 point scorer

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Levitate said:
2 goals for moore tonight...one defleced off him in front, but the second was a beauty breakaway goal

if he was just a little bigger...he really does have some nice hands, good skating, and pretty good scoring instincts. not skilled enough to be a bigtime point getter or anything but some of the plays you see himi make, you think he could be a 50 point scorer

One he deflected. It wasnt just luck

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
looked to me more like he was trying to get out of the way of the shot instead of deliberatly deflect it, but i was getting the lightning feed and they suck, didn't replay it but once on a good angle

Avery4Byng*

Who's Dominic Moore?
All I keep hearing about is "Steve Moore's Brother".... :teach:

SedinFan*

tray said:
Who's Dominic Moore?
All I keep hearing about is "Steve Moore's Brother".... :teach:

Dominic Moore plays in the NHL and has potential, the other one was just an ECHL scrub.

Randall Graves*

MeffyuhTJRest said:
I was actually thinking of starting a topic called Dominic Moore = "The Next John Madden?"

The Rangers have some great young players who seem to play with great defensive responisibilty in Moore and Jed Ortmeyer.
BOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad