Confirmed with Link: Domingue traded to Tampa Bay for Leighton, McGinn

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
For what he did to Connor Murphy here? Louis making an appearance, too....and does Martinook. Didn't go well for the Pirates.

Nah that would be a rational reason :laugh:. My irrational hatred is mostly reserved for everything that was the post deadline travesty that was the 14-15 Coyotes.

Also wow that looks like an absolute blast.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Why the hell did the officials let extra players from the other team on the ice? That's some bullshit. They're lucky that didn't clear both benches.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Why the hell did the officials let extra players from the other team on the ice? That's some bull****. They're lucky that didn't clear both benches.

AHL uses the 3-official system. With the linesmen having to be close and ready to jump in during a fight, the lone referee is observing the fight. No one's really able to keep an eye on the benches in that case (the problem being exacerbated by Portland's arena having benches on opposite sides of the ice. Still though, even if the officials are at least keeping an eye on the bench, if a player really wants to leave the bench to join a fight, it's hard to stop him.

(Source: I have officiated the sport)

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
AHL uses the 3-official system. With the linesmen having to be close and ready to jump in during a fight, the lone referee is observing the fight. No one's really able to keep an eye on the benches in that case (the problem being exacerbated by Portland's arena having benches on opposite sides of the ice. Still though, even if the officials are at least keeping an eye on the bench, if a player really wants to leave the bench to join a fight, it's hard to stop him.

(Source: I have officiated the sport)
Ah, at the very least hopefully the players who left the bench got in some serious serious trouble, along with the coach. That could've gotten way worse.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
In the NHL, the first to leave the bench during an altercation incurs an automatic 10-game suspension. It's probably the same/similar in the AHL.
Nothing for the coach or organization? It doesn't seem to happen often at the NHL level so I guess it works as is.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Nothing for the coach or organization? It doesn't seem to happen often at the NHL level so I guess it works as is.

I don't know the rest of the specifics. I'd imagine there's a fine for the coach or organization involved too. The second player to leave the bench also gets an automatic 5-game suspension. Plus there's the whole part where starting a second (or third, or further) fight when there's one already going on is supposedly an automatic game misconduct. Theoretically that would mean a bench-clearing brawl ends the game by default, and the entire roster of both teams gets suspended for one game. In practice, the NHL defines most of what goes on between the players who leave the bench as not "fights" so they don't get the game misconduct. In practice it's true, most of those who get off the bench past the first few just grab a guy and there's maybe a little pushing and shoving, but that's it.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don't know the rest of the specifics. I'd imagine there's a fine for the coach or organization involved too. The second player to leave the bench also gets an automatic 5-game suspension. Plus there's the whole part where starting a second (or third, or further) fight when there's one already going on is supposedly an automatic game misconduct. Theoretically that would mean a bench-clearing brawl ends the game by default, and the entire roster of both teams gets suspended for one game. In practice, the NHL defines most of what goes on between the players who leave the bench as not "fights" so they don't get the game misconduct. In practice it's true, most of those who get off the bench past the first few just grab a guy and there's maybe a little pushing and shoving, but that's it.
Interesting thanks.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This deal is great. It only costs Tampa money, and we can use Tye in Tucson while we dump the one-way contract. Domingue was done here. Hope he sorts his stuff out and shows some of his early form.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Just not smart when you have a roster full of young players. We have an inexperienced GM, Coach and Owner. They need to bring someone into management that has a better idea how to run a professional sports organization.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Domingue was and is a whiny headcase. He's always been that way going back to his Portland and Springfield AHL days. I'm surprised the organisation took this long to figure it out and jettison him. Honestly I think his days of playing pro in north america are done. Don't be surprised to see him in Europe or the KHL next year.

Reactions: hbk

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Funny we're headed to Toronto.

Louie went up against the Marlies tonight in Toronto. Lost 2-1. Stopped 25 of 27 shots.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Leighton was listed as a healthy scratch with the Coyotes today. Don’t think he’s actually with the team though.

Maybe they just loan him to an AHL team needing a goalie. Or deal him for a conditional 7th.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
On the one hand, that does sound like Chayka/Barroway. The kid may make great trades but he has zero idea how to treat people.

On the other, Louis seems to have a penchant for whining a lot.

You, like the rest of us have no idea how Chayka treats people. Maybe if LD played like he was suppose to, he wouldn't be having that conversation with Chayka in the first place.

Just not smart when you have a roster full of young players. We have an inexperienced GM, Coach and Owner. They need to bring someone into management that has a better idea how to run a professional sports organization.

Believe half of what you read and all what you see.

There were already 3 goalies in Tucson. You need to act like an idiot to be told to go home like that. Teams have a right to tell you go home, I don't see how that's shocking.

Exactly. LD had his chance and blew it big time.

Domingue was and is a whiny headcase. He's always been that way going back to his Portland and Springfield AHL days. I'm surprised the organisation took this long to figure it out and jettison him. Honestly I think his days of playing pro in north america are done. Don't be surprised to see him in Europe or the KHL next year.

I agree. He had a golden opportunity and blew it big time. He is not a NHL goalie. HBK hit the nail on the head as he questioned LD capabilities long ago.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Leighton was listed as a healthy scratch with the Coyotes today. Don’t think he’s actually with the team though.

Maybe they just loan him to an AHL team needing a goalie. Or deal him for a conditional 7th.

Sweet deal for him. No expectation to play, gets to collect an NHL salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->